Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LRC on Windows 10 Laptop  (Read 401 times)

MBehrens

LRC on Windows 10 Laptop
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:53:31 pm »

Long time LRC user and fairly technologically savvy, this item I just recently realized and has made a dramatic change.

My Hardware Config - Lenovo Yoga - Core I7 2 GHz - 16GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050/Intel UHD Graphics 620
Certainly not the highest spec but very adequate for my mobile LRC needs.

The crux to this is the video adapter, Windows 10 utilizes the Intel integrated graphics to conserve battery life at its own discretion. It also cripples LRC from using the Nvidia adapter despite LRC Performance set to GPU. After going into Windows - Settings - System - Display - Graphic Settings (all the way at the bottom of the page)
Making these settings on this page:
Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling = On
Graphic performance preference - Browse to LRC and I added PS as well to this list.

The responsiveness and processing performance of LRC has increased substantially. It is actually usable now.

This is probably documented somewhere but I have never seen it and discovered it on my own. I hope others will find it useful.

- Morey

dpirazzi

Re: LRC on Windows 10 Laptop
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 10:10:40 pm »

Congrats, chalk one up for the users. I love how the default option is Let Windows Decide!

You may already know this, but on my laptop the Nvidia install placed an icon in the toolbar. Hovering over it shows the number of programs running on the graphics card, clicking on it brings up the Nvidia GPU Activity window showing what those programs are (attachment). LRC has always been in the list when running, and I've not not had to make the change you documented. Go figure.

thx, Dave

Pages: [1]   Go Up