Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P5000 doesn't recognize Light Cyan  (Read 525 times)

Daverich

Epson P5000 doesn't recognize Light Cyan
« on: October 22, 2020, 12:12:19 pm »

I've searched here and on the web for a solution to this problem but so far, none of the suggestions seems to help. My Epson P5000 is giving me the error "Ink Cartridge Error. Please install the correct cartridge". It's the light cyan it's having a problem with and the error just showed up out of nowhere. I've restarted the printer, removed the light cyan and put it back in, cleaned the contacts on the cartridge and in the printer, removed all the of cartridges and replaced them, none of which cleared the error. I'm hoping to find a solution that doesn't require replacing the cartridge to see if that helps as the problem cartridge has plenty of ink left in it. I've noticed that when I remove the light cyan and then replace it, the printer recognizes it for about a second, says it's half full and then switches to the error. I've also discovered that if I physically remove ANY of the other cartridges, the printer recognizes the light cyan and simply tells me one of the other colors is missing. As soon as I put the missing color back in, boom, error on the light cyan again. Can anyone here help me solve this? Thanks.

funfoto

Re: Epson P5000 doesn't recognize Light Cyan
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 01:06:25 pm »

My Lt Lt Black just started doing the same thing on my P5000 as well. Removing and reinstalling the cartridge, turning of and on the printer etc. etc. didn't work for me either. I'm picking up a new cartridge this afternoon as a last resort and hope that works. Of course I'm two weeks out of warranty...ugh. I think you're going to just have to bite the bullet and buy a new cartridge. In the past, with my various Epson 24" printers, that has worked. Well see if it works this time. By the way, don't throw away the used cartridge...sometimes it will work again after installing a new cartridge...that's happened to me in the past. Report back if you figure out how to get it working again. A service call is probably more expensive than the printer is worth at this point, so I'm not sure that's even an option. Wish the new replacement for the P5000 was out...I'd gladly upgrade, but not excited about repurchasing a three year old printer when the new one is on it's way any moment.

funfoto

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 04:14:07 pm »

Just back from buying a new cartridge. It fixed the problem and now the printer recognizes the new cartridge. What a waste of ink...the old cartridge was almost full. Epson should have some sort of replacement plan for bad cartridges. $75 worth of ink down the drain. I'll try it again when the new cartridge needs replacing...maybe I'll get lucky?

Daverich

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 05:16:52 pm »

Just back from buying a new cartridge. It fixed the problem and now the printer recognizes the new cartridge. What a waste of ink...the old cartridge was almost full. Epson should have some sort of replacement plan for bad cartridges. $75 worth of ink down the drain. I'll try it again when the new cartridge needs replacing...maybe I'll get lucky?

Shoot, I was afraid of that. I’m going to wait a day or two and hope that someone suggests a different solution but if I have to buy a new cartridge, I have to buy a new cartridge. I’ve been really happy with the printer and this is the first problem I’ve ever had with it so I’m not going to get too bent, even if the solution is a new Light Cyan. Thanks for your help.

Daverich

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 07:52:34 am »

Unfortunately, a new cartridge turned out to be the solution for me as well.

funfoto

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 10:39:14 am »

I'm glad it worked out for you...look at this way...it's cheaper than a service call!

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 12:59:29 pm »

I've had that same issue with at least two cartridges with my Epson 9900 though it's been several years. Put a new one in fresh out of the box and...nothing!

It was a matter of putting in another cartridge then calling Epson. They've sent me replacements the couple times it has happened, gratis. I don't know if they still do this, but it's worth a call.

I simply sent the old carts to the local recycler and moved along.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Daverich

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 08:28:55 am »

I've had that same issue with at least two cartridges with my Epson 9900 though it's been several years. Put a new one in fresh out of the box and...nothing!

It was a matter of putting in another cartridge then calling Epson. They've sent me replacements the couple times it has happened, gratis. I don't know if they still do this, but it's worth a call.

I simply sent the old carts to the local recycler and moved along.

Thanks for the suggestion but the cartridge I had a problem with failed after it was half empty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up