Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Problems  (Read 1108 times)

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Photoshop Problems
« on: October 13, 2020, 01:28:56 am »

I am having a peculiar problem with Photoshop 2020 CC lately. When I open multiple files as layers from Lightroom, not all of the images open as layers in one file. Usually, one layer gets opened as a separate file. Sometimes, the process stops in the middle of the process, opening a few layers, and one images as a separate file, but not loading all layers. Also, I have the impression that this process is slower than it should be loading the images as well, regardless of whether it loads them all as layers in one file. When I reset preference file in PS, the problem is solved, but it comes right back very quickly.
I am using the current CC versions of Lightroom and Photoshop. I have very occasionally had this problem in the past year or so, but now it is happening all the time.

Another problem I am having, and I don't know whether it is related, is that saving Tiff files from Photoshop seems to be quite slow, even for flattened files.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:33:03 am by David Eichler »

Stephen G

Re: Photoshop Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 03:46:18 am »

I suspect that you are running low on scratch disk space. Check your settings. Give PS lots of GB on a nice fast SSD, if you can.

Also, you possibly have insufficient available RAM.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 09:14:54 am »

This is a known LR bug (open as layers) on the list to be fixed when selecting multiple images.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

David Eichler

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 04:00:19 pm »

This is a known LR bug (open as layers) on the list to be fixed when selecting multiple images.

Thanks. At least I know now that it is not a problem with my system.  This is a very serious problem for those whose workflow relies on layering images.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 11:53:02 am »

This still happens to me when opening multiple files from Lightroom into Photoshop for further editing (not in layers.) Most of the time, about half of the files don't open.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

David Eichler

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 02:39:33 pm »

This still happens to me when opening multiple files from Lightroom into Photoshop for further editing (not in layers.) Most of the time, about half of the files don't open.
I am not having a problem opening individual files for editing, whether RAW or Tiff.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 02:41:33 pm »

Using LR 9.4.  out of the blue, the above issue is now occurring on my system. I have made no changes to anything and about i/2 the time the images do  not load properly.  Restarting photoshop seems to help.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

Michiel_M

• Michiel Mussies photography
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 10:08:01 am »

This is a very serious problem for those whose workflow relies on layering images.

If you open PS you can import images into layers via: File > Scripts >Load Files into Stack.. I thought I'd mention it for anyone unaware of the option; it could be a decent workaround.
Pages: [1]   Go Up