Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quō Vādis?  (Read 1182 times)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
Re: Quō Vādis?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 09:11:49 am »

Freud would have had a field day with you.
They may have been ‘tempted’ but ‘lured’ they were not.

The spike in infections came predominantly and surprisingly from land crossings at the Northern border. Thessaloniki and Kavala in particular affected. Consequently, all those crossing and certain arrivals by air are/were required to have been tested and certified Covid-free, at most 72 hours prior to arrival.

The cut off throughout the EU appears to be 20 infections per 100,000. Over that limit then restrictions and self-quarantine will almost certainly be imposed.

Quo Vadis ?

Forget the vaccine, somewhere where you can live ‘outside’, has sun (Fauci says 2 hours of sunshine, aka Vitamin D) and ideally a gentle breeze or worse to disperse the droplets, if any. Practice social distancing, and hygiene - hand washing and gel  ‘à gogo’.  Easier said than done for many, I know.

And that my friend sucks all the fun out of the trip. It is those interactions with friends and strangers alike that we look forward to and always remember with great fondness.

As an aside, I love photographing people but have no interest in doing so if they are wearing masks.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 11:12:59 am »

And that my friend sucks all the fun out of the trip. It is those interactions with friends and strangers alike that we look forward to and always remember with great fondness.

As an aside, I love photographing people but have no interest in doing so if they are wearing masks.
Only if he was The Lone Ranger.

chez

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 11:29:08 am »

I just got back from a week at a cottage on a beautiful lake. I'm planning to do a week in the Rockies ( 4 hour drive ) sometimes this winter. Planning a week or two on the west coast of Vancouver Island...driving again. Don't plan to fly until vaccines have been in use for a good 6 months.

jeremyrh

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 11:31:01 am »

As an aside, if one is a pensioner, you can transfer your tax residence to Greece and benefit from a flat 7% tax.
No, I don't work for the Finance Ministry.   :)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/19/sun-sea-safety-greece-woos-british-pensioners-with-7-income-tax-rate

Ooh.  Packing my bags ...

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2020, 11:54:41 am »

Freud would have had a field day with you.
They may have been ‘tempted’ but ‘lured’ they were not....

Not sure what you mean by that.

Manoli

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2020, 12:45:53 pm »

Not sure what you mean by that.

fm Merriam-Webster:

lure, entice, inveigle, decoy, tempt, seduce mean to lead astray from one's true course. lure implies a drawing into danger, evil, or difficulty through attracting and deceiving.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 06:00:02 pm »

Our troubles seem trivial compared to this:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/jesse-katayama-machu-picchu-intl-hnk/index.html

"Machu Picchu reopens for a single tourist who's been stranded in Peru for seven months"

jeremyrh

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 01:22:35 pm »

Our troubles seem trivial compared to this:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/jesse-katayama-machu-picchu-intl-hnk/index.html

"Machu Picchu reopens for a single tourist who's been stranded in Peru for seven months"

Dunno, seems like he was having an OK time, and to see Machu Picchu on your own must be incredible!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up