Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird SpectraView calibration results  (Read 508 times)

datro

Weird SpectraView calibration results
« on: October 11, 2020, 10:01:37 pm »

After doing a normal calibration and profile generation of my NEC LCD2490WUXi monitor using SpectraView (latest version 1.1.41), I examined the "Information" dialog window and found some really strange results.  The "Curve" tab reveals an obvious glitch in the curve data (see image below) and the "Color Tracking" tab shows wild results at about 20 cd/m2.  Overall average Delta E is 2.30 and Max is 85.30 !!

Something here is NOT right.  Anyone have an idea what might cause this?  Perhaps a missed (but not flagged) read from the USB i1Display Pro device during the calibration?  The profile produced by SpectraView seems OK, but I haven't yet done a deep dive investigation on it.  But the calibration seems definitely corrupt according to the Information panel.

Dave

John Hollenberg

Re: Weird SpectraView calibration results
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 09:36:45 am »

Is the problem reproducible if you re-profile the monitor?

datro

Re: Weird SpectraView calibration results
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 10:45:28 am »

Well, after re-running the calibration and profile generation this morning, everything looks fine (see below).  In all the years I've been using SpectraView I've never seen anything like this.  I can only conclude that something occurred during the previous calibration that caused some kind of corruption...perhaps a bad read from the i1Display Pro device or an issue writing the updated LUTs to the monitor.  Caused by some intensive activity on the system CPU or disk??  I dunno.

Anyway it just highlights that you really need to examine the calibration results before blindly assuming that it worked OK.  Other than showing you the bad calibration data, SpectraView doesn't really tell you that an error occurred.

Dave

Pages: [1]   Go Up