Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture one no Service Response Again  (Read 968 times)

EinstStein

Capture one no Service Response Again
« on: October 11, 2020, 04:34:00 pm »

I don't know what happened to capture One. During January this year, there are quite some discussions about the sloppy response from Capture one, and then it seems capture One is back to the track.
Now it happens again.

I have a Capture One purchased many years ago, started because I was using Sony A7R2 that LR does not support that camera well.
I then stopped using it after sold my Sony and switched to Leica. Now many years has passed and I have replaced my iMac too. Last week I installed Once One on the new iMac, but it cannot be activated. The message saying it has exceeds the number of installation. 

My understanding according to LR and many other SWs, it should work if I uninstalled it from other computer and only installed it on the preferred computer. And better yet, I can install on as many as computers I want, as long as I only use it at a time within the honored number of license. 

I had some problem before on LR, some are due to the failed to uninstallation on a retired computer, or due to the incompatible OS. But I can always get it resolved by Adobe.

Anyone has similar problem with Capture One?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 04:42:58 pm by EinstStein »

Rado

Re: Capture one no Service Response Again
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 12:47:40 pm »

You should try to log into your C1 web account and deactivate all licenses from all computers you have listed there and then try to activate it on your current computer again. Uninstalling C1 does not deactivate the license for that computer automatically.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Capture one no Service Response Again
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 12:25:12 pm »

As previous poster stated, C1 doesn't automatically deactivate when you uninstall it from a Mac or PC.  You have to go to their site, log in and then manually deactiavte the particular license.  Then you will get 3 installs where it can be used. 

It's not as automated as the Adobe model, but does allow 3 installs active unlike Adobe.

You can get there from either www.phaseone.com then log into your account or now www.captureone.com same thing.

Hopefully you can navigate to it and process the deactivation as if you need Capture One's help it may get frustrating, as their support model is IMO less than stellar currently.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Remko

Re: Photo Editing Service Gives Special Effects to Your Photographs
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 05:06:09 am »

To me this post comes across as an advertisement. I reported it, so our moderator can have a look at it.

I agree; the post is deleted and the poster banned. Jeremy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 05:46:50 am by Jeremy Roussak »
Pages: [1]   Go Up