Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A local walk in Cumbria  (Read 742 times)

KMRennie

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
A local walk in Cumbria
« on: October 05, 2020, 06:35:32 pm »

A nice walk to try and photograph pheasants ended in total failure, I could hear them but they remained hidden. I did end up at my local river which was full due to the recent rain and managed to get an image that I am happy with but will return when Autumn colours are more advanced. On the way home the setting sun lit up the trees and land to the East. This image was taken with a 100-400mm lens with the camera held high above my head to clear the hedgerows, isn't VR wonderful. Ken
Logged

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 07:38:40 pm »

Beautiful, Ken, especially 2.
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 06:10:27 am »

Excellent, both of them.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 06:44:43 am »

Two beautiful images. I especially like the second one with the golden light.
Logged
Francois

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 11:34:46 am »

Both very nice. That's a river I could spend some time with.
Logged
-MattB

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 12:10:08 pm »

This image was taken with a 100-400mm lens with the camera held high above my head to clear the hedgerows, isn't VR wonderful. Ken

That is amazing.  Exposure time appears close to a second.
Logged

kers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4602
    • Pieter Kers
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 12:52:13 pm »

That is amazing.  Exposure time appears close to a second.

+1 you are a human tripod ! (...Do you have three legs?)
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 01:52:17 pm »

The second one is wonderful.

Jeremy
Logged

KMRennie

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 07:36:28 am »

Thanks everyone I was delighted by the results of the sunset image. I pass the trees a few times a week and have tried to photograph them often but this is by far my best attempt. In my photography I am trying to find beauty in the ordinary although in this case I have been fortunate enough to come across the scene in stunning light with great clouds. It is not to say that photographing well known "honeypot" locations has less merit but finding a new "image" gives me more of a buzz than photographing a well known Lakeland. Covid regulations allowing I will be off to the North of Scotland for a weeks photography and no doubt will be visiting some oft photographed locations. Will I produce something unique? Unlikely. Will I enjoy trying? Yes. Will I investigate locations so far ignored by the many guides, you tube experts and social media gurus? Definitely. Ken
Logged

langier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1565
    • Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 03:07:09 pm »

Well done on both, Ken!
Logged
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Cornfield

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 442
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 05:24:35 pm »

You are maintaining the usual high standard.
Logged

anandjoshi

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
Re: A local walk in Cumbria
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 10:12:04 am »

Nice work. Liked the first one more.
Logged
Regards,

Anand Joshi
Pages: [1]   Go Up