Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 60MP Multishot - landscapes????  (Read 867 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
Hasselblad 60MP Multishot - landscapes????
« on: October 02, 2020, 08:44:46 am »

Anyone ever try Hassie Multishop for landscape work?

I've never even seen one, no nobody that has used one, and I'm not sure what it spits out onto the memory stick - a single file composited or separate files that you could blend with something like Photomatrix Pro.

I'm thinking:
1.a calm day - might work?
If so, results - technique used - etc.

2.  IF it spits out multi files could use Photomatrix Pro with ghost removal to gen a single file.

I know, not all of my ideas are "brilliant"!!  :-)
Jack

BAB

Re: Hasselblad 60MP Multishot - landscapes????
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:07:04 am »

Unfortunately Hasselblad refuses to allow in camera solutions to help capture your desired image capture. Ie...focus stacking intregated step focusing, bracketing and critical live view focusing.
If your goal is to ex bracket three to four frames for lowlight is best, focus step done thru Phocus software is the only solution, photo matrix is touchy so use it as a alternative method to using zerene stacker which allows full ghosting corrections in combination with Luminosity masks.
Stay away from long focal length lenses I would say 100mm at the far end. If shooting into sunset use a reverse neutral density filer will allow great exposures keeping bracketing down to a minimum.
Tripod and head combinations properly adjusted for pupil entrance and leveled for panning critical to achieve perfect alignment.

Watch out for vibrations from shutter releases test for vibrations carefully Hasselblad ms delay in body is not sufficient!

Hasselblad Phocus program will allow you to achieve the best results if set up and use correctly.

Wind is your enemy, long exposures will deteriorate your efforts quickly.

Stay away from high isos.

I think u can be successful!

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 08:49:07 am »

Wow, sounds like a pain in the neck!
Have used Hassie for decades - last the H4D 50 WiFi.

Now shooting the Fuji GFX 50s - adequate with great software features in the last updates but does not have the H look
and detail I used to get from the 50C, and for good reason.

Think I'll hold out for a H5D 60.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Jack

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 07:07:47 pm »

I wasn't aware that they made an H4D-60 MS? They made a 50MS. It would probably give better colour than a single shot, but it is still 10 year old technology.
An X1D could use the same lenses for a while but once you go to XCD lenses then you gain the advantage of focus bracketing with most of them if you are interested in that.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 10:39:11 am »

There is no Hasselblad 60MS (there is a 39, 50, 100MS though). Making multishot in the field requires bringing a computer too. You cannot shoot a multishot file to a stick. You need Phocus (or Flexcolor).

It can be done but do make a single shot for the same scene just to be able to paint that in the areas that are corrupted due to movement, eg. moving leaves, branches,bushes, waves, grass, etc..

It is quite a hassle to do multishot in the field and for landscape I sincerely doubt you will gain much since colors are too often arbitrary and moire doesn't occur that much (certainly not with the 100mp systems)

TechTalk

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 03:46:22 pm »

Yes. You can use a Hasselblad multi-shot for landscape images. You will need to be tethered to a laptop running Phocus.

Depending on your conditions and subject matter, you might want to combine some portions of a single-shot image with the multi-shot capture where there is movement. I also know architectural photographers that use this technique to combine people or wind blown objects with their multi-shot captures of static interiors and buildings.

The linked article below from Les Walkling discusses field use and shows an example of a multi-shot landscape with the H4D-200MS.

* https://web.archive.org/www.leswalkling.com/tethering-the-h4d-200ms-in-the-field/

And a short YouTube video of Les Walkling comparing the improved multi-shot capture speed with the H5D-200c MS

https://www.youtube.com/H5D-200c Multi-Shot demonstration with Les Walkling

And below a couple of brief comments and images from Antonio Ranieri.

https://antonioranieri.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/hasselblad-h4d-200mp/

https://antonioranieri.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/696/

* Updated to archived website page — Thanks to Internet Archive!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 05:49:48 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future
Pages: [1]   Go Up