Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ipf 6300 to Epson 7570 - How Much Improvement?  (Read 423 times)

John Hollenberg

Canon ipf 6300 to Epson 7570 - How Much Improvement?
« on: October 01, 2020, 05:21:55 pm »

I have an aging Canon ipf 6300 that I have been pretty happy with, but figure I will need to replace it down the line.  Was considering HP Z9+ but the lack of users and HP support has me considering the Epson 7570 instead.  I don't want to get another Canon due to the decreased fade resistance of the latest Canon inks.

My question: How much improvement (if any) in image quality (gamut, gloss differential, bronzing, improved dither, etc.) with the latest Epson printer?  Hoping someone with experience with both printers can comment.  I print mostly Epson Premium Luster, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta, interested in Canson Platine.  Not much matte paper printing.  I print only for my own enjoyment and for my friends/co-workers.

Asael

• Asael Dror
Re: Canon ipf 6300 to Epson 7570 - How Much Improvement?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 12:04:25 am »

I am in the same boat; with an ipf8300 that I worry (for not real reason, but age) will die any day. I for one will not go back to Epson due to the heads clogging if you don’t use them often, which may or may not be a problem for you. Not really sure what I’ll do if/when the ipf8300 dies, and I will need to make a decision quickly as I can’t be without a printer for long. Will also need to decide if to stay with 44” or go 60”!  ;D

Rand47

Re: Canon ipf 6300 to Epson 7570 - How Much Improvement?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 08:49:17 am »

I own the Epson Surecolor P7570.   It’s a wonderful printer.  I don’t think you’d see anything revolutionary in print quality.  While I’m not a fan of Canon printers, I think their output is on par, for the most part.  And since there isn’t any real definition of “archival,” I’m not sure I’d worry all that much about light-fast-ness with any of the modern pigment ink printers.  I do think that Epson has upped their game w/ the 75xx/95xx printers in that the PK/MK are now as Canon has been all along - no switching - thank goodness.   And clogged heads have not been an issue “for me at least” on any of the recent Epsons.  And, I much prefer Epson’s cut sheet handling to Canon’s.

Bottom line, I think, is that if you’re happy with Canon’s operating parameters there’s nothing revolutionary about Epson’s new printers that should make you want/need to change brands. 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up