Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Not Drop the Politics Until After the Election?  (Read 1192 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Why Not Drop the Politics Until After the Election?
« on: September 30, 2020, 08:47:37 pm »

There is little informed debate.  What does it do for LULA other than make money. This is no longer politics but something different.  What does it acheive? 

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
Re: Why Not Drop the Politics Until After the Election?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 09:56:31 pm »

There is little informed debate.  What does it do for LULA other than make money. This is no longer politics but something different.  What does it acheive?

Hi Hugh, the political discussion threads and coffee corner area are free for all, just like the rest of the forum, except for the “for sale” area. The forum does not make us any money at all save for those signing up to use the “for sale” area.
I haven’t been reading the political threads. I still think that photographers have other interests besides photography and any social space online inevitably erupts into all sorts of focus. If the political areas were dissolved the political discussions might bleed into photo-centric threads again, which is why they are open now. If they are moderated well then hopefully they remain more civil then the debates. ;)

Hope that makes sense.
I understand your concern.

Josh
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 03:46:23 am »

Drop an area of discussion at the time when it's most under discussion? That's a bizarre idea and, for the reason Josh has given (amongst others), it won't happen.

My willingness to take action against those who break the rules will, however, increase.

Jeremy

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 08:41:41 am »

Drop an area of discussion at the time when it's most under discussion? That's a bizarre idea and, for the reason Josh has given (amongst others), it won't happen.

My willingness to take action against those who break the rules will, however, increase.

Jeremy
Absolutely right.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

kimballistic

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 12:23:41 pm »

Hugh- the best thing I ever did on LuLa was use the "Ignore Boards" feature in my user profile to remove any content from The Coffee Corner from the list of unread posts.  I highly recommend it.

If I couldn't have done that, I would have cancelled my subscription and deleted my forum account.  The discussion there is truly toxic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up