Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at the R5 from a 5Ds users POV (TS-E lenses)  (Read 357 times)

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
Looking at the R5 from a 5Ds users POV (TS-E lenses)
« on: September 22, 2020, 12:08:13 pm »

Canon UK recently lent me an R5 to try out with tilt/shift lenses. Only a relatively short look, so I've stuck to looking a it from the POV of a 5Ds user.

The TLDR is that it works a treat with them, image quality for my (base ISO) use is a tad better in giving a bit more room for adjustment.
I also tried it with the polarising filter adapter - works well, even giving me a usable (from my POV) polarising option for the TS-E17 albeit with all the concerns you'd always get with a polariser at such a wide angle.

What I really liked was the usability of the camera, the EVF and sensor IS - sure, a few gripes but nothing major (remember the limits of my interest ;-)  )

Even my old M645 lenses get a new lease of life with a Fotodiox t/s adapter - with added IS too...

Anyway if anyone is curious, I've written up some details at

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/looking-at-the-canon-r5-camera/

...and I've even made a video about it

https://youtu.be/mx4_8qG-5hI

BTW videos to supplement the articles are a very new thing for me. Someone at Canon finally persuaded me put aside my longstanding personal dislike of video as a medium

vrkaya

Re: Looking at the R5 from a 5Ds users POV (TS-E lenses)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 05:24:29 pm »

Nice review and very timely as I am looking at the Eos R or R5. I currently use a 5dsr (which is very good). My interest in the mirrorless models is so that I can have full auto focus with infrared or visible light. I'm told the electronic shutter makes that work perfect. I shoot IR and Visible Light wildlife and the full auto-focus would be perfect in IR mode. I can still use autofocus in LiveView with IR, but it is slow and does not work as accurately as  the native lens autofocus.

Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up