Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 not listening to quality settings?  (Read 297 times)

jrp55262

Z3200 not listening to quality settings?
« on: September 18, 2020, 10:18:12 pm »

Hey everyone,

I have been tearing my hair out with a banding issue on my HP Z3200.  It was a very subtle thing that only happened on images with large dark areas on satin paper with gloss enhancer.  It seemed that no matter what I did - recalibrate paper, calibrate paper advance, choose "best" quality/more passes... nothing seemed to help.

I'm not using a RIP; I'm printing from Photoshop CS5 on a Windows 7 system using the HP print driver.

The problem, it turned out, was that the printer was not listening to the quality settings I'd chosen in the driver!  So when I selected higher quality when printing, nothing changed.  If, however, I went to the printer front panel and set the quality options I got what I was looking for.

Any idea how the disconnect happened and how I can fix it?

GST

Re: Z3200 not listening to quality settings?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 08:02:50 am »

First I would try a diagnostic page to figure out if you have a printhead issue.
Also I would complete remove the installed driver and get the brand new one from Sept. 2020.
I strongly recommend to get rid of Windows 7 also.

sportmaster

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 09:26:20 am »

What's new in the 2020 driver?

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 06:56:38 pm »

This problem you have does sound familiar to me :
I have a z3100 that prints on matte paper perfectly, but has a banding problem that concerns the GE ink.
I have not figured out yet how to deal with it other than spray a second layer of GE on top. Thsi also increases the Dmax- so not a bad solution, but cumbersome.
In my case the problem is less/ to none on standard quality and more profound on high quality settings ( everything on)
I am printing from photoshop.
Alle diagnostic prints - including the ones on high quality settings look perfect. And i tried them all. Paper advance is perfect.
When printing on the old OSX 10.6 ( snow tiger)  i still get the problem.
If you find a solution i would like to hear it.
I don't know how you can change the quality settings in the printer- as far as i know it has to be done in photoshop/the computer; let me know how you do this.
I can see the printer takes the high quality setting from photoshop in my case.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up