Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single gap in nozzle check of Epson 3880 pritner  (Read 266 times)

plagus

Single gap in nozzle check of Epson 3880 pritner
« on: September 16, 2020, 07:08:03 pm »

I recently purchased a lightly used (less than 450 pages printed) 3880 printer. Running a nozzle check I get a single gap in the vivid magenta pattern. The gap does not appear in the same location, but moves each time I do a nozzle check. I have done a nozzle clean and still get the same behavior. Will this single gap in a single color affect my print in any significant way? I am at my wits end. Any suggestions to rectify the problem will be gratefully accepted.

Pete

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: Single gap in nozzle check of Epson 3880 pritner
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 07:21:49 pm »

SHouldn't be too much a problem. For years, I had a couple of nozzles not fire in the same place on my Epson 9900. I couldn't see any problems with the prints I produced. A few years after I purchased it, I had it serviced and all the Magenta nozzles are working. However, after nearly ten years with this twelve year old second-hand printer, the head can't be cleaned so I'm getting a new head if a few days which I hope will get me a few years down the road...

In the mean time with your 3880, start using it! When it gets to about 8000 prints, you'll need to have it serviced, but by then there won't be any parts and when that happens, put your money into whatever similar printer is available and print until it wears out.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Single gap in nozzle check of Epson 3880 pritner
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 07:25:10 pm »

You could try just printing Vivid Magenta and see if it clears. At least you won't waste so much of the other ink.
See attached
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up