Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Help - Canon Pro-1000 odd noise, ruined prints Slickrock Metallic Silver  (Read 520 times)

apaulson85

Hello -

I apologize in advance as I'm very new to printing problems. I have a Canon Imageprograf Pro-1000, and have loved it for about two years. Until this past Monday night, I had not printed for roughly one month.

I used the Moab Slickrock Metallic Silver 300 to print the attached photo, Red Needle Kerry Park - low. Unfortunately, there was a darker band toward the end of the print. Seeing as I'd never performed anything from the maintenance menu before, I performed a bottom plate cleaning and roller cleaning. That reduced the band greatly, however there was still a bright line, or at least an area where there was less ink. All of this was with A3+ size paper.

This evening I tried again using letter sized slickrock metallic. While printing, the Pro-1000 made some very odd noises toward the end of the print. Attached, and named 'Kerry Park lines' is the end result. Apologies for the quality.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? It only happens on the slickrock metallic and towards the end of the print. To help is a link to my youtube channel that helps with the sounds I'm hearing. https://youtu.be/3NBVUeTaMDc

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! Thank you and take care.

apaulson85

I'd also like to add that up to this point I've used the A3+ size slickrock metallic silver without issue. Thanks!

apaulson85

Update -

It appears that a piece of the internals is rubbing against the paper towards the end of the job? As you can see, three separate prints have a corner that is torn up. These are two different sizes of paper, but all slickrock metallic silver (letter and A3+).

Is it a paper thickness issue? I’ve used thicker papers that don’t have this issue.

Thanks again for reading.

apaulson85

Thank you, I'll give this a try after work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up