Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning Print Heads  (Read 356 times)

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
Cleaning Print Heads
« on: September 14, 2020, 06:20:03 pm »

Hello,

I have an EPSON 2880 that has a clogged nozzle that is resisting cleaning. I was thinking of attempting to clean it myself. There are a plethora of sites that cover this, but I am not very mechanically inclined. Before I open it up, I was wondering if any body has attempted this and would recommend a particular site or vendor (besides Epson of course).

Robert

Ferp

Re: Cleaning Print Heads
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 07:33:32 pm »

You're unlikely to see any adverse effect on prints from one missing nozzle in one channel.  (I assume you don't mean an entirely missing channel.)  Inkjetmall has a support video on Youtube about how to clean small format printers like the R2880 using their products.

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 07:33:52 pm »

I had this conversation several months ago with my printer repair expert here in California regarding an Epson 3800. Junk it he told me. Same story with a newer 3880 after its third refurbishment which is about as much as one can hope to expect after ten years.

I have another Epson printer which will soon have its head replaced since it will be much less expensive, faster and easier than to replace and move the entire "four-pallbearer" printer. He basically told me if you can't easily get a channel to function, it's probably time for a replacement and after ten years since I got this second-hand printer, I had to agree with him.

With the Epson 2880 being even older (most likely more than a dozen years since they were last produced), you may be frustration, time and money ahead to simply purchase a new printer.

Just MHO,
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Ferp

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 07:39:09 pm »

The R2880 is an old printer, but I wouldn't ditch it over a single missing nozzle.  It's not a lot of money or effort to give the IJM cleaning routine a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up