Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate changed  (Read 411 times)

sdwilsonsct

Climate changed
« on: September 03, 2020, 11:20:42 am »

These huge, twisted, dead trees, very different from their living descendents, make me curious about the very different climate that they must have lived in.
Feedback welcome.

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Climate changed
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 11:33:28 am »

Beautiful environmental portrait, Scott.

francois

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 11:42:38 am »

Poignant shot… I like it!
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 08:02:03 pm »

Beautiful environmental portrait, Scott.
I agree.

It is somewhat reminiscent of the Bristlecone Pines in California, except they al have living parts and are the oldest known trees in the world, I believe.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

armand

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 08:55:07 pm »

Interesting! Is this a composite?

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 07:12:28 am »

+1
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 10:04:53 am »

A fine shot, Scott. There used to be some of these in Garden of the Gods if you were willing and able to climb up to them. At 90 I can't do it any longer, so even when I get back to Colorado I'll have to just remember what they were like. I don't think any of them were as gorgeous as this natural sculpture. Bravo!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 02:44:21 pm by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 01:05:54 pm »

Thanks, folks! Glad you liked it.

Eric: some of the local old larches have a bit if life in them. Whether I shoot a particular tree depends largely on it's setting (must be interesting) and being slightly downhill so I can shoot it without distortion.

Armand: it's not a composite. Perhaps it's a little over-processed? I'd like to know your thoughts.

Russ: thanks for the Garden of the Gods tip, I'll look into it if I ever get out that way.  I'm trying to fit in a bit of activity before I turn 90. Looks like you're shooting lots in Florida.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 11:36:17 pm »

Thanks, folks! Glad you liked it.

Eric: some of the local old larches have a bit if life in them. Whether I shoot a particular tree depends largely on it's setting (must be interesting) and being slightly downhill so I can shoot it without distortion.

Armand: it's not a composite. Perhaps it's a little over-processed? I'd like to know your thoughts.

Russ: thanks for the Garden of the Gods tip, I'll look into it if I ever get out that way.  I'm trying to fit in a bit of activity before I turn 90. Looks like you're shooting lots in Florida.

I do like it, my comment came from the uneven difference in sharpness between the tree and the foreground but mostly because I have a hard time figuring out the scale; if those fir trees in the foreground are not tiny, the tree must be huge.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 03:44:32 pm »

I do like it, my comment came from the uneven difference in sharpness between the tree and the foreground but mostly because I have a hard time figuring out the scale; if those fir trees in the foreground are not tiny, the tree must be huge.

Thanks, Armand. I'll look at the sharpness. These relics are indeed huge, "Climate changed". I may do a series on them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up