Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 heavy aerosol fan output + thin film of ink all over inside of printer  (Read 440 times)

plasakow

I'm getting a thin film of ink all over the inside of the printer. Also, the aerosol/service staton fan is blowing an unusually large amount of ink that gets all inside the right cover to the point it starts dripping. 

After I clean the inside of the printer, it becomes noticeable again after printing about 400 feet of paper- which is about a month. 

Any ideas?  Thanks very much.  

GST

The aerosol fan is sucking air from the service station and blows it against an airfilter pad mounted on the right side of the printer.
You might need to swap or clean that. Let us know the result please.

kers

• Pieter Kers

Maybe the service station is dirty and needs a cleaning too? & Therefore the fan air gets more airy ink?
Must say it is one of the odds in the design.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

sportmaster

I took my service station out and cleaned it thoroughly when I replaced the belt.  Since then the printer works like new.  The occasional head clogs are gone too.

kers

• Pieter Kers

I took my service station out and cleaned it thoroughly when I replaced the belt.  Since then the printer works like new.  The occasional head clogs are gone too.

My experience too. But you have to find out first- after many years of use...
The ink pads in the service station have to remain clean, otherwise you run into trouble and it is time to clean the servicestation.
If you are too late cleaning it you might have more problems as i experienced. so better do it on time.
( i had a problem that part of the engines in the servicestation were not working well anymore;  in that case you have to buy a new complete servicestation.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:14:52 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up