Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with a weird error message on my Canon PRO 2000  (Read 1767 times)

uintaangler

Need help with a weird error message on my Canon PRO 2000
« on: August 31, 2020, 02:24:21 pm »

My two year old Canon IMAGEProGraf PRO-2000 has just become unusable  :(
Here's what I know, I have a roll of paper loaded in the printer.
As I have done many times, I was attempting to load a sheet of Canon Cut paper to make a nozzle check print simply as an ongoing maintenance protocol to make sure the head doesn't clog in periods when I am not doing much printing
Loaded the cut sheet, closed the lever and the cover, followed the prompts and a red light started flashing and this error message came up:
" Hardware Error      EC21-2F51
Printer error has occurred.
Turn the device off, wait a
while and then turn it on again"

I turned it off, waited a while and the same message came on.
I have now done this about 10 times over a 30 day period and the same message keeps popping up
I can't get past it and use the printer.

Can anybody help?????

Thanks.

Lessbones

Re: Need help with a weird error message on my Canon PRO 2000
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 04:06:38 pm »

Sounds like you need a new head.

uintaangler

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 12:05:19 am »

Sounds like you need a new head.

Please tell me what leads you to that conclusion?

Thanks

IPDOUGLAS

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 05:46:47 am »

Since my Canon Imageprograf Pro 1000 did not even last 2 years I am not surprised by sympathetic.  I now will not touch Canon products with a barge pole.   

I hope someone can help you sort this since Canon were less than useful in my case.  Their customer services stink.

Mine packed up due to a flawed design issue which causes a cartridge jam (failure to eject) others with my issue were forcibly breaking the jammed cartridge out with plumbing pliers.  The official fix cost more than brand new printer and then on top of that a full set of cartridges was needed!

Good Luck on securing a fix. 
In Vino Veritas

IPDOUGLAS

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 05:48:29 am »

See here

VH leak?  States new head needed!
In Vino Veritas

Pforster

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 05:51:23 am »

EC21-2F51
I had this error code appear on my Pro 2000 several times and managed to clear it by repeated restarting, often leaving it overnight before trying again. In other words I gave up in despair in the early hours but did eventually succeed!
I might have even removed the head and put it back in - but I’m not sure about that (because of subsequent events) and it’s extremely wasteful of ink to do that. 
It does appear to be a head related fault as you can see from the link below and, unfortunately, the “subsequent events” comment above referred to a later error code (3302) which indicated a failed PCB.
I have no reason to think that that the two are connected (so please don’t panic) and hope that you manage to get it working again by restarting.
I understand that there is a way of getting the printer into service mode by pressing the screen in a particular sequence. I never had any success with this but it may be worth following up.
Paul.
https://printcopy.info/?mod=erc&brand=Canon&model=iPF+PRO+2000&page=11

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 05:55:21 am by Pforster »
Paul.

Lessbones

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 11:38:05 am »

Basically the printer SHOULD be telling you to replace the head, but it's getting some kind of overvoltage signal or something and throwing a service error instead of a plain-english one.  Sometimes you can, as stated above, restart a million times and use it again once or twice, but you'll waste a ton of ink as it will re-fill the head each time, so you might as well just get another head and be done with it....

I use a PRO4000 and PRO6000 every day in a production environment and generally this kind of thing happens every other year or so--

jeyell

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 11:50:12 am »

I had this a few months ago. New head clears the error. Remember to calibrate the new head after install.

J

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 05:02:47 pm »

Yep this is the dreaded “two year buy a new head” error.

IPDOUGLAS

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 05:19:16 pm »

You would think in a professional printer that a head would wear out with use rather than some timer message?  Is this a Canon sell more printheads scam?
In Vino Veritas

uintaangler

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 05:55:16 pm »

I had this a few months ago. New head clears the error. Remember to calibrate the new head after install.

J

How expensive is it to install a new head?
Thanks

jeyell

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 08:52:56 am »

The head is a self-service install and very easy to do yourself (check canon support sites & youtube). The head costs £500 :( Most comments suggest 2-3.5 years for this fault to develop. Oh and it takes a little ink to prime the head with ink as its empty when new.

J

Lessbones

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 01:11:24 pm »

I've bought a few of them on eBay for ~$350 USD, never had a problem.  Just make sure you get one that is sealed in the packaging, otherwise you run the risk of having it locked to another printer that it was taken out of (which can be reset... but, just get one that's sealed in the foil)
Pages: [1]   Go Up