Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 help  (Read 604 times)

SharonVL

Epson P800 help
« on: August 30, 2020, 08:50:58 am »

I had my p800 installed on my windows 10 computer using an ethernet connection to my modem. Comcast sent me a new modem and my computer no longer recognized the printer. I tried connecting via usb, but it still didn't see the printer. So, I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled using the latest sofware and drivers on the Epson page.

I still couldn't connect via ethernet, however I was able to connect via usb.

The problem is that prints that came out perfectly before now have a very strong magenta cast. I printed the same file from lightroom that had printed perfectly before and now it is magenta. So something in my reinstall failed.

Has anyone had this happen to them? I'm hoping there is an easy solve as I have a lot of prints to get out.

Thanks,

Sharon
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:40:07 am by SharonVL »

Garnick

Re: Epson P800 help
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 10:43:55 am »

Have you recently run a nozzle check?  If one or more channels are missing nozzles that could be the reason for the magenta cast.  Also, when printing images that previously printed well, have you checked the settings(adjustments etc) in Lightroom.  Since the P800 has an ethernet connection why do you route it through your modem?  I always have my Work Printer connected directly to the computer (USB), and I've read various posts concerning issues when the printer is on a network.  I'm sure it probably worked for you initially, but obviously not so well with a new modem.  All else looking good, I would suggest that you correct the settings in Lightroom to overcome the Magenta cast and then use that same correction for all images printed previously. 

I'm sure you will receive a number of replies and probably more info that I've provided.  I wish you luck Sharon.  :)  8)     
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

SharonVL

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 10:49:42 am »

Hi, I ran nozzle checks. I completely uninstalled everything again and this time the printer connected via ethernet. I am watching a print come out now and it looks good. I'm not sure what happened with the previous install. Maybe I didn't get all the drivers deleted.

Thanks for your response!

Sharon

SharonVL

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 12:29:54 pm »

I wrote too soon. Anything that is magenta in my photo prints very magenta. There isn't an overall cast, just a weird magenta. I wonder if I have a bad ink cartridge.

Garnick

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 12:36:23 pm »

I wrote too soon. Anything that is magenta in my photo prints very magenta. There isn't an overall cast, just a weird magenta. I wonder if I have a bad ink cartridge.

By very magenta, do you mean darker, lighter or over-saturated?  Have you tried connecting by USB again?
Gary N.

SharonVL

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 01:14:54 pm »

it's over saturated. This exact print, with no changes printed perfectly before. But I did change a magenta cartridge recently. I've never had a bad cartridge, but I am wondering...

SharonVL

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 01:15:41 pm »

It's really the wrong magenta to be more (sort of) exact.  :D

markgunion

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 12:23:08 am »

In your position, I would be very careful to be sure that my color management was still in place, before I went chasing any other cause for suddenly magenta prints.
Mark G.

Garnick

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 08:42:35 am »

In your position, I would be very careful to be sure that my color management was still in place, before I went chasing any other cause for suddenly magenta prints.
Mark G.

Of course proper colour management is obviously very important.  However, if I've been reading this correctly I don't believe Sharon is referring to magenta prints, but instead, prints in which the magenta itself is over-saturated.  I may be wrong, but I don't believe bad colour management alone would show in this way.  Perhaps Andrew will chime in and set me straight on that.  I also do not believe that a bad cartridge would cause this sort of problem.  But after reading Sharons last reply I suppose a BAD cartridge could perhaps cause the issue she is seeing.  If somehow the magenta ink for a different Epson printer ended up in the P800 cart I imagine it could cause the issue Sharon is seeing.  In that case the only way to hopefully solve this is to call Epson and give them all of the information she has given us.  Let their techs figure it out if possible.

And to Sharon - Please make sure the information on the new magenta cart is the same as the previous cart.         
Gary N.

SharonVL

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 09:43:41 am »

What has happened is that I had to reinstall the printer. Then, printing a photo I had printed before, using all the same settings, profiles, etc., the photo printed with altered color. The magenta is now very off. Every other color is printing normally.

Nozzle checks are perfect. I have made sure the paper profile is chosen and not the printer. I tried a different paper and profile with the same results. Could this be some printer malfunction?

The printer reinstall may have nothing to do with this. Or I might need to roll back the driver? I'm going to call Epson today but the last time I used their call in support, I got someone who knew nothing about printers.

SharonVL

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 10:05:11 am »

And yes, I did check the magenta carts but they are the same ones I printed the other print with. I thought I had changed them recently but I hadn't. I had just bought new ones...my memory  8)

The only thing that changed from one photo to the next was the driver. So weird.

Okay, it is only a different driver downloaded. My previous driver was the same one.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:08:23 am by SharonVL »

SharonVL

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 10:39:47 am »

Guys, thank you! I kept examining the driver update and went back through every setting and the update had changed a setting I had previously missed that took it off no color management. It is now printing perfectly again and I can get this order done!

These last few months have been so stressful that I think I am in the chicken little mode about problems.

Thanks for your help!

Sharon

Garnick

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 11:06:53 am »

Hi Sharon,

Sounds like you're up and running at high speed again and that's great.  Sometimes when installing a driver update it's the little things that can cause a bunch of hurt and one has to go back through all of the driver settings to finally find the culprit.  When I update a driver I test it out for a few days and then take screenshots of all the settings as a reminder in case something suddenly starts going south.  Just a thought.

Glad you're printing again and hopefully shedding some of the stress.  Something I understand and fight as well.

Gary  :)  :D 8)   
Gary N.
Pages: [1]   Go Up