Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 new belt broke after 4 years  (Read 485 times)

samsterid

Z3100 new belt broke after 4 years
« on: August 28, 2020, 07:17:11 pm »

I have not printed very much since I replaced the belt on my Z3100 back in 02/2016.

Getting back into printing lately, but I had to replace 4 printheads (after some failed attempts to soak and clean)
New Printheads installed and alignment printout looked perfect.  Printed one Diagnostic and it looked good too.

BUT when I went to print a picture, I kept getting false paper Jam errors, plus a few other errors I can't remember.
Looking around with a flashlight for any stray paper bits etc., I finally noticed the belt had slipped off the cog/spindle and had started to shred - again!
(that explains all the ghost error messages . . .)

I went to the LPS Computers website to see if they still sold the belts that folks agreed was the best one back then. Only then did I notice the Lifetime Warranty.
Called the 800 number and a person actually answered and looked up my order from 4 years ago.
LPS Verified my address and is shipping out a new belt for free tomorrow!

I have always left this Z3100 on to let it do maintenance on its own. But now I will be printing the "printhead exercise" suggested by Mark Lindquist at the bottom of this page(Thanks Mark!)

After powering down, I managed to push the carriage assembly back to the parking station.  Assuming I get the new belt in within 5 days, can I just leave it that way?  Or should I remove the printheads and store them in ziplock bags?

Anyone else have a replacement belt fail ?
Thanks to LPS customer support . . .

Sam

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 07:21:14 pm by samsterid »

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Z3100 new belt broke after 4 years
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 07:26:15 pm »

Do you say the replaced belt that now shredded was an LPS belt?
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

samsterid

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 07:43:24 pm »

Do you say the replaced belt that now shredded was an LPS belt?

Sorry if that was not clear - yes the LPS belt I bought about 4 years ago has failed. But they are replacing it no charge.

Sam

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 08:05:37 pm »

Sorry if that was not clear - yes the LPS belt I bought about 4 years ago has failed. But they are replacing it no charge.

Sam
Ah, i just installed one in the hope it would do more than the HP belt.. - that lasted 7 years... (!)
It is not the money - it is the work!
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 05:00:35 am »

My Z3200-PS is now near 13 years old and over that period I have replaced the belt once with an alternative Chinese belt. That one has now more years of use than the original one. I have not noticed any excessive wear yet.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla

https://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up