Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad Z3200 70 Printhead  (Read 357 times)

deanwork

Bad Z3200 70 Printhead
« on: August 25, 2020, 06:41:51 pm »

Last week I received an MK-Red printhead for my Z3200 clause my present one was 2017. When I went in there to replace the one I had, which was working normally, but out of warranty, the printer kept rejecting the new head, asking me to open it back up and put in a good print head, over and over till I gave up.

It just would not work so I put my old one back in, which it accepted immediately, and went back to work. lots of prints no problem.

Although I have never had a single defective print head in 13 years with these heads, I returned it and got a free replacement.

Today I received another new head and it is doing the same exact thing! I looked down there and I don’t see any ink or anything unusual looking. I put my old head back in and once again it works perfectly.

Anybody have any idea what this could be other than two defective MK print heads? What a headache.

John

LenR

Re: Bad Z3200 70 Printhead
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:14:50 am »

MK-R uses a 73 print head, not 70.

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 05:37:03 pm »

Oh man you are so right......

I just put it in my Z3100 and it works fine there. I knew the red cart was different but I completely forgot that The Red / MK printhead was also different. I haven’t ordered one for awhile because I had extras. Such a relief my printer is normal and it was all me.

John

MK-R uses a 73 print head, not 70.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 06:01:08 pm »

What a useful Forum!
With all these aged photographers suffering from ...

Today i cursed the automatic routines of the printer but sometimes it prevents you from making big mistakes...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up