Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Optimistic trip to New Orleans area in spring 2021.....  (Read 1271 times)

DickKenny

• Dick Kenny at The Chantry Studio
Optimistic trip to New Orleans area in spring 2021.....
« on: August 19, 2020, 07:17:00 am »

Should USA be open again to 'damn foreigners' by next March, I am planning a rendezvous with my son for a few days in the area. Leaving aside  jazz and the city, I would greatly welcome any local knowledge on locations, publications, and even recommendations for a local guide. Thanks for your time, and interest.

Cordially,

Dick Kenny

RMW

Re: Optimistic trip to New Orleans area in spring 2021.....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 06:38:34 pm »

Hello Dick.

I'm an avid fan of this site who lives in New Orleans and would be happy to provide any information I can that you want.

Right now the area is somewhat closed up. The virus toll was pretty heavy a little while ago, but it is not as bad, now.

The best way to see this area is by streetcar or auto.  if you're interested in historic places, there is a lot of history here. You might check out Richard Campanella's books on the city and surroundings.

If it's the wetlands, then a boat is needed. Myself, I find the wetlands fascinating. Do you like to canoe and/or kayak? It's a photographers great challenge and reward. You might contact Byron Almquist if you want to paddle on a bayou.

Any more questions let me know.

Richard Waller
richardwallerphotos.com

DickKenny

• Dick Kenny at The Chantry Studio
Re: Optimistic trip to New Orleans area in spring 2021.....
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 01:45:01 pm »

Richard:

Sincere apologies for the tardiness of reply. Feeble excuse centres around my not activating the reply button to my post. Anyway, thanks for your interest and suggestions. Very helpful. I also took opportunity to look at your impressive portfolio, which beautifully captures the atmospherics of your wetlands.

As to my trip - virus allowing - its going to be short; so I am particularly grateful for your steer towards Byron Almquist's caper. I've also taken a peep at Mr Campanella's output. Looks more than enough keep my attention focused until next March.

Again, many thanks for your help and advice.

Cordially,

Dick Kenny
Pages: [1]   Go Up