Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pano stitch in Camera raw  (Read 2877 times)

mtakeda

Pano stitch in Camera raw
« on: August 15, 2020, 07:50:31 pm »

Is it possible? Or only in LR?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Pano stitch in Camera raw
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 10:32:47 pm »

Select the images you want to stitch in the filmstrip. The options for pano stitch, HDR, etc, are in a contextual menu that appears when you click on the "three dots" that appear in the upper right corner of an image on the filmstrip when you hover your mouse over any thumbnail (see attached image)

mtakeda

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 12:57:27 am »

Thank you very much.

mtakeda

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 10:19:14 pm »

I tried your advice and found further help, please. I am using CP1 and sent multiple images but PS shows only one image. What do I need to do to get the screen you showed me in the previous posting. Thank you for your help.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 10:53:06 pm »

Make sure you have enabled "Show Filmstrip" (drop-down box bottom left as in the first image attached) and also make sure you have enabled the contextual menu on "hover" in the ACR preferences (General), as shown in the second image.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:08:33 pm by fdisilvestro »

mtakeda

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 12:42:12 am »

I am still in trouble. As I said PS shows only one image rather three I transferred from CP1. I clicked to show the film strip per your first screen and check mark per your second screen.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 04:13:16 pm »

Oh, I though you were referring to Adobe Camera Raw. In Photoshop, to show all the open images you need to change the window option to any of the modes that show multiple images:

Menu Windows -> Arrange  and select your options (e.g. "Float all in windows")

Then you need to use :

File -> Automate -> Photomerge. There, click on "add open files" to include your open images and you can even add more images.
You have several merge options (layout), but you may want to start with the "Auto" option.

mtakeda

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 08:03:38 pm »

Thanks for your kindness and patience. I was able to follow all of your steps yet after I open photo merge I am still stuck with only one image even though I sent three images from CP1.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 05:42:35 am »

Are you sure that CP1 is outputting all 3 images?  Perhaps check with Finder (or explorer on Win) to verify the images are there.  If they are then open all 3 of them manually.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 09:09:33 am »

Thanks for your kindness and patience. I was able to follow all of your steps yet after I open photo merge I am still stuck with only one image even though I sent three images from CP1.

I have recorded a screen capture video with a process similar to what you are trying to achieve (if I understood correctly).
- Send 3 images from Capture 1 to Photoshop
- Pano stitch the images using Photomerge

mtakeda

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 09:50:02 pm »

Thank thank you. I followed your video tutorial and come to photo merge but ok button is in grey and I see only one image.

mtakeda

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 09:55:50 pm »

Are you sure that CP1 is outputting all 3 images?  Perhaps check with Finder (or explorer on Win) to verify the images are there.  If they are then open all 3 of them manually.
I see three images in my export window of CP1. If that what you are asking. From there I click “image”  “edit with Photoshop”

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 05:12:05 am »

OK got it.  So it's not clear if it's a CP1 failure to output all 3 images, or a problem with PS to open the 3 images that are sent.

PS has had occasional problems in the past opening images sent from other apps.  A temporary solution to that was to have PS open already.
Are you on the latest version of both CP1 and PS?

One way round, although it adds another step, is just to output the 3 images from CP1 to files (ie not "Edit with PS"), then open them all together from within PS.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 07:49:11 am »

mtakeda, It would seem that only one image is open in Photoshop. One more thing to try, in Capture 1 go to the menu "Select" - > "Select All" before going to "Image" -> Edit with Photoshop. If  you still have issues, then I agree with the sugestion from Mike to export the images from Capture 1 to your desired location and then open the images from Photoshop.

mtakeda

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2020, 09:32:54 pm »

OK got it.  So it's not clear if it's a CP1 failure to output all 3 images, or a problem with PS to open the 3 images that are sent.

PS has had occasional problems in the past opening images sent from other apps.  A temporary solution to that was to have PS open already.
Are you on the latest version of both CP1 and PS?

One way round, although it adds another step, is just to output the 3 images from CP1 to files (ie not "Edit with PS"), then open them all together from within PS.
Thank you ,Mike. I selected three images I CP1 then you said I should open them within PS. Please tell how to do it.

mtakeda

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2020, 09:43:29 pm »

Dear Frank,
I can not thank you and Mike enough!

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 05:36:29 am »

Thank you ,Mike. I selected three images I CP1 then you said I should open them within PS. Please tell how to do it.

Do you mean how to open them in PS once you have done the output in CP1?

If so then;

Open PS
File -
Open -
Use the Finder/Explorer window to find the location you sent the files to from CP1
Select all 3 files (use Cntrl/CMD to highlight all 3 files)
PS will open all 3 files
Follow the rest of the instructions in the video above to start the pano

mtakeda

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2020, 07:20:37 pm »

Thank you very much gentlemen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up