Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 907X Chrome Edition Announced!  (Read 2168 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Hasselblad 907X Chrome Edition Announced!
« on: August 12, 2020, 11:46:15 am »

The long awaited 907X Chrome Edition is now official.

The bonus is that it is listed at $1,100 less than the Apollo Edition.

This exceeds my expectations - good news for Hasselblad users.

https://www.captureintegration.com/hasselblad-907x-50c-now-available-for-order/

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

TechTalk

Re: Hasselblad 907X Chrome Edition Announced!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 07:01:02 pm »

In addition to the lower price and the increase in screen resolution to 2.4 million dots, there was an interesting footnote at the bottom of the press release today.

*Update for Phocus Mobile 2 for iPad and a brand new Phocus Mobile 2 for iPhone to be released soon. This update for Phocus Mobile 2 will enable Live View, allowing for Focus Peaking, control of Depth-of-Field, setting AF area positioning and the ability to simulate exposure, all from the Live View screen in Phocus Mobile 2.

https://www.hasselblad.com/press/press-releases/hasselblad-907x-50c-now-available-our-legacy-your-future/

* An update of Phocus Mobile 2 (version 1.1) was released today with some of the above features

- adds new capture session interface with camera controls and live view
- the white balance tool now has presets and a picker
- the possibility of copying adjustments between images has been added
- shared 3FR files have embedded adjustment info that can be used by Phocus Mac/Windows (requires V 3.5.2 or later)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/phocus-mobile-2
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:22:22 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 10:18:26 pm »

Hasselblad has a webinar on the 907X 50C scheduled for Wednesday August 19, 2020, 10:00 EDT / 15:00 BST / 16:00 CEST

https://www.hasselblad.com/events/webinar introducing-the-907x-50 c 2020-08-19
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 05:07:16 pm »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing. I would be interested in the CFV 50cII back without the 907X.

I would also think that the OVF should be replaced by an EVF, that shows the image you will actually get and allows for magnified live view with peaking. The OVF is exactly something I don't need.

I may actually buy the CFV 50cII, if it works well with my Hasselblad Flexbody. To be honest, probably not. But it has some attraction.

In a sense, I feel the 907X is another 'life style product', that makes little sense for me.

The CFV 50cII would be usable on my 555/ELD and the Flexbody, than, there is that horrible crop factor.

Best regards
Erik

The long awaited 907X Chrome Edition is now official.

The bonus is that it is listed at $1,100 less than the Apollo Edition.

This exceeds my expectations - good news for Hasselblad users.

https://www.captureintegration.com/hasselblad-907x-50c-now-available-for-order/

Steve Hendrix/CI
Erik Kaffehr

SrMi

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 12:23:45 am »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing. I would be interested in the CFV 50cII back without the 907X.

I would also think that the OVF should be replaced by an EVF, that shows the image you will actually get and allows for magnified live view with peaking. The OVF is exactly something I don't need.

I may actually buy the CFV 50cII, if it works well with my Hasselblad Flexbody. To be honest, probably not. But it has some attraction.

In a sense, I feel the 907X is another 'life style product', that makes little sense for me.

The CFV 50cII would be usable on my 555/ELD and the Flexbody, than, there is that horrible crop factor.

Best regards
Erik

If you are interested, you can read about people's experiences with the 907x special edition on the GetDpi forum. The camera is a joy to use, especially on a tripod where you typically use the LCD instead of EVF.

Hasselblad is apparently evaluating if they should offer the back separately.

Looking forward to trying it with the handgrip and OVF.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 05:15:01 pm »

Hi Steve,

Best regards
Erik

Hi Eric -

It's unclear when or if Hasselblad will offer the CFV II as a stand alone. It doesn't seem likely that it will be any time soon. I don't think it has hurt their sales much. If anything, one could always sell the 907X piece at a later date, it may have some value to someone as a backup, or if they do eventually offer the CFV II as a stand alone, I'm sure at least some of those buyers will decide they want to add the 907x at some point.

While it may sit on the shelf unused for some, considering that it offers the below features, I think some will ultimately decide to make some use of it.

- a pathway to Hassleblad H lenses, via adapter
- a pathway to Hassleblad V lenses, via adapter
- a pathway to Hassleblad Xpan lenses, via adapter
- a pathway to Hassleblad XCD auto focus lenses, no adapter needed
- a pathway to an amazingly small, compact walk around camera when paired with the 45P lens*

* Of course, you could also pair it with an Alpa TC and a Schneider Digitar lens, but there's no auto focus.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 08:22:25 am »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the comments.

When Hasselblad introduced CFV 50c, Hasselblad's than CEO, Perry Oosting, said that there were 500 000 Hasselblad V bodies sold.

Just to say, I have felt a long time MFD backs should have an electronic viewfinder as an option. Can the screen on the back replace an electronic viewfinder? That may depend on screen.

Anyway, I am mildly interested in the CFV 50cII.

Best regards
Erik

Hi Eric -

It's unclear when or if Hasselblad will offer the CFV II as a stand alone. It doesn't seem likely that it will be any time soon. I don't think it has hurt their sales much. If anything, one could always sell the 907X piece at a later date, it may have some value to someone as a backup, or if they do eventually offer the CFV II as a stand alone, I'm sure at least some of those buyers will decide they want to add the 907x at some point.

While it may sit on the shelf unused for some, considering that it offers the below features, I think some will ultimately decide to make some use of it.

- a pathway to Hassleblad H lenses, via adapter
- a pathway to Hassleblad V lenses, via adapter
- a pathway to Hassleblad Xpan lenses, via adapter
- a pathway to Hassleblad XCD auto focus lenses, no adapter needed
- a pathway to an amazingly small, compact walk around camera when paired with the 45P lens*

* Of course, you could also pair it with an Alpa TC and a Schneider Digitar lens, but there's no auto focus.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Erik Kaffehr

SrMi

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 12:38:32 pm »

Steve Hendrix has published an interesting article about the versatility of 907x:

https://www.captureintegration.com/the-hasselblad-907x-50c-multiverse/

SrMi

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 12:11:43 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up