It is a very nice landscape shot. I am not sure what was happening though ?
I have seen temperature inversions where air that gets trapped above what is called the capping layer and suddenly drops down when the cap erodes and collapses spreading a cloud out, usually of trapped pollution around a city.
Here is a reference
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversion_(meteorology)
Otherwise, it looks like a thunderstorm trying to form ?
Hi Degrub and thanks for the link

, but If you look at the lowest clouds just over the horizon, they look like they are forming a large circle of fingers pointing upwards and inwards, with a centre column of clouds that looks a little like a mushroom cloud rising up from the centre of the fingers.
Perhaps its just me, but I thought this looked very unusual and when we got back to the house later, there was news on the TV that there had been a localised freak weather bomb over Glasgow and that someone had been killed by it.
Dave