Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where’s all the new content?  (Read 1669 times)

JeffS

Where’s all the new content?
« on: August 03, 2020, 11:10:22 am »

I rejoined LuLa not long ago to see how things were improving since dropping out. Some better articles, but otherwise underwhelming in terms of frequency and diversity of content (videos, tutorials, interviews, etc?).  Seems we’re lucky to see one article per week, often a short one.  Other free sites are producing lots of content to keep at-home viewers informed and entertained.  Disappointing.

Jeff

Wilkinson

Re: Where’s all the new content?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 01:34:24 pm »

Thank you for the question. I was about to post the same question. This has become a very uninteresting site. There has not been a update in weeks. Even at the nominal member fee I feel its starting to become not worth it.

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 04:05:23 pm »

I can only speak to the lack of frequency. Lula (and my family) have relocated cities to Montreal Canada. We are in process of unpacking and managing our 3 year old and 10 month old as we speak.

There is a whole load of video (new artist profile travel videos by Nick Taylor) and written content (including reviews) already produced, entirely waiting for me to post.

Many apologies for the slow return.

I hope the upcoming material will prove worth the wait.

(update*** - Here is the latest from Dan Wells, a deep dive into camera ergonomics and an introduction to 12k(!)

https://luminous-landscape.com/design-choices-why-do-cameras-look-the-way-they-do-more-cameras-announced/

And here is our latest documentary by Nick Taylor of photographers in their chosen envirnments :  https://luminous-landscape.com/michele-sons-appalachian-dreams/?preview=true&_thumbnail_id=226323

Josh
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:03:46 am by josh.reichmann »
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

JeffS

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 04:57:14 pm »

Wow, a whole one minute, 45 second video follow-up on Michele Sons’ Feminine Landscape, which was already introduced here five years ago.  Impressive.

IPDOUGLAS

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 06:58:43 am »

I am afraid I must agree as a newish member myself the forum is lively enough but LULA itself is turgid.  Once I had read/watched the interesting/informed stuff from years ago then I am scratching around for content and as the OP (JeffS) states 'where is the new stuff'?

In Vino Veritas

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 08:34:14 am »

Hopefully the upcoming pieces and articles will satisfy!

Thanks for the feedback. 

Josh

jeffcurto

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 05:46:41 pm »

To add to this... did I really just read an article titled "Essential Gear for the Traveling Photographer" where the gist of the piece was that I'll need a camera, a lens or two, a tripod and a bag?

I honestly expect a bit more from this site.

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 05:58:22 pm »

To add to this... did I really just read an article titled "Essential Gear for the Traveling Photographer" where the gist of the piece was that I'll need a camera, a lens or two, a tripod and a bag?

I honestly expect a bit more from this site.

Maybe this will satisfy, who knows ;)

https://luminous-landscape.com/evolving-your-photography-into-cinematography-part-1-of-5/

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
Pages: [1]   Go Up