Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wacom Tablet Recommendation  (Read 638 times)

Kit-V

Wacom Tablet Recommendation
« on: July 28, 2020, 07:06:29 pm »

As a longtime LR & Mac user, I am finally coming around to understanding the benefits of a Wacom tablet versus my trackpad for post-processing. Since I am sure that many of you are veteran Wacom tablet users, I would like to lean on you for a recommendation. Specifically, what features & size of tablet do you find indispensable? I don't want to "under buy" & later have buyer's remorse. Likewise, I don't not subscribe to the dictum that bigger & more expensive are always better. So your experienced thoughts would be most appreciated. Thank you kindly.
Falling Fork Photography

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Wacom Tablet Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 07:15:39 pm »

You can do a search in this forum that gives many answers;
I use a wacom intuos - small. It is OK.  It sometimes did not work as well as possible with Photoshop, but the latest software- photoshop works good.
I am on Mojave and the latest Photoshop CC.
I find a pen much more refined than your vinger- let alone a mouse. It needs to get used to it, like writing. Some never get used to it.
A medium wacom is also OK, movements are larger- so it is more precise. But then you can zoom into your images to get the same precision.
The larger the movements you make the less chance on RSI. However a pen also reduces that in general, much better than a mouse.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Kit-V

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 07:48:16 pm »

Thank you for your response. I am using OS Catalina & work primarily with Lightroom v9.3. I has become obvious to me that the trackpad does not offer the degree of precision that I would like. However, I also understood that there are users that never seem to be able to become  comfortable with a graphics tablet.

I appreciate the input from users like you who have experience with graphics tablets.

Kit
Falling Fork Photography

davidedric

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 09:21:12 am »

I also use an Intuous small, which works well for me.  You will have to persevere!

However, I don't use the pen for everything (I'm on Classic and Win 10), so I also use the mouse in co-ordination with the pen.

Kit-V

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 09:23:51 am »

Well, I ordered an Intuos S. I look forward to the challenge of using a graphics tablet. Besides, in this world of self-quarantine, I certainly have the time.  :)
Falling Fork Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up