Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7RIV AF micro adjustment problem  (Read 529 times)

marcmccalmont

Sony A7RIV AF micro adjustment problem
« on: July 28, 2020, 11:16:39 am »

I started to set the af micro adjustment on my A7RIV with Sony FE lenses
I get an error message "invalid with this lens" with all my Sony FE lenses....frustrating
Does any one have a solution?
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Sony A7RIV AF micro adjustment problem
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 01:07:14 pm »

It's because the AF micro adjustments are only for A mount lenses with the adapter.

"Allows you to adjust the auto-focusing position and register an adjusted value for each lens when using A-mount lenses with an LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 Mount Adaptor (sold separately).

Use this function only when adjustments are needed. Note that the auto focus function may not be performed at a proper position when using this adjustment."

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1930/v1/en/contents/TP0002688363.html?search=micro%20adjustment

marcmccalmont

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 04:13:13 pm »

It's because the AF micro adjustments are only for A mount lenses with the adapter.

"Allows you to adjust the auto-focusing position and register an adjusted value for each lens when using A-mount lenses with an LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 Mount Adaptor (sold separately).

Use this function only when adjustments are needed. Note that the auto focus function may not be performed at a proper position when using this adjustment."

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1930/v1/en/contents/TP0002688363.html?search=micro%20adjustment

Thanks! another post explained that the autofocus is on the sensor so micro adjustment is not necessary on a mirrorless camera
Marc McCalmont

DP

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 07:01:04 pm »

Thanks! another post explained that the autofocus is on the sensor so micro adjustment is not necessary on a mirrorless camera

in general it is not true... for example if a particular dSLM system still focuses (native AF lens for a system) using an aperture different from what you select for a shot and that lens has a focus shift ... so just the absence of a mirror (and separate AF sensors) alone is not enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up