Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon Z7 User Preset 1,2,3 Can't set up i menu properly  (Read 597 times)

sanfairyanne

Nikon Z7 User Preset 1,2,3 Can't set up i menu properly
« on: July 28, 2020, 08:10:10 am »

I think I discovered something odd with the User Presets.

I just noticed that when I go to U1, U2 or U3 I can’t set my i menu the same as I have it in M, A, S or P modes. I never really thought about it, but if you go to a user preset you might want to go into the i menu and it would be nice if it was set up identically to that in your M.A.S.P modes. You can’t for instance set up the Release Mode.

Incidentally I am using the latest firmware 3.1

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
Re: Nikon Z7 User Preset 1,2,3 Can't set up i menu properly
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 08:37:53 am »

I think I discovered something odd with the User Presets.

I just noticed that when I go to U1, U2 or U3 I can’t set my i menu the same as I have it in M, A, S or P modes. I never really thought about it, but if you go to a user preset you might want to go into the i menu and it would be nice if it was set up identically to that in your M.A.S.P modes. You can’t for instance set up the Release Mode.

Incidentally I am using the latest firmware 3.1

As far as I remember Release Mode is not saved on U1, U2 and U3.

sanfairyanne

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 06:53:02 pm »

I think I need new glasses. I realised i was trying to put the presets into the Movie part of the i-menu by mistake. I have now set up my Z so that every setting from MASP U1 U2 U3 have identical settings in the i-menu. It takes a lot of faffing about but it's obviously wise to have everything the same.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 03:17:04 am »

I think I need new glasses. I realised i was trying to put the presets into the Movie part of the i-menu by mistake. I have now set up my Z so that every setting from MASP U1 U2 U3 have identical settings in the i-menu. It takes a lot of faffing about but it's obviously wise to have everything the same.
Did you manage to get Release Mode to stick in User 1-3?
Pages: [1]   Go Up