Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACR 12.3 gripes and questions.  (Read 1277 times)

Redcrown

ACR 12.3 gripes and questions.
« on: July 13, 2020, 01:27:23 pm »

Now that I've done a few extensive editing sessions under the latest versions of Bridge+ACR a few questions/gripes came up.

1. Memory - Bridge is bloating up and not giving back memory when tasks are completed. Doing HDR work, I open 5 raw files in ACR, process and close ACR. Windows Task Manager shows Bridge going up to 4000 MB, and never coming down. Open a different set of 5 raw files, process and close. Bridge still floating around 4000 MB. Close and relaunch Bridge and it starts at around 1500 MB on a 200+ image folder. Only 600 MB on an empty folder. Do any other Windows users see memory bloat?

I keep old versions of the ACR *.8bi files so I can drop backwards for testing. I dropped back to ACR version 10 and it definitely gives back memory when closed.

2. Where is "Merge to HDR" (the plain version, not the PRO)? In previous versions of ACR, you could open a set of raw files, click the ACR drop down menu and find Merge to HDR. That process generated a DNG file for further processing in ACR. I can't find it in ACR 12.3. I can find the "Merge to HDR PRO" in Bridge under Tools/Photoshop. That's a different process and not as good as the original.

3. Stickies? ACR 12.3 won't remember some settings. My ACR Crop tool always starts with the "2x3/4x6" option. I want to crop 5x7 and have to always re-select that. The Adjustment Brush now starts with all zero settings. This is a major PITA for me. I'll develop multiple settings on an image and then want to use the same settings on the next image. No can do any more. Is there any way to fix these?

4. What happened to "Select All" when multiple images are opened in ACR? I use ACR to save re-sized jpegs from processed TIFs, 200+ images sometimes. Now I have to select the first in the film strip, manually scroll to the end, and shift-click to select all before launching the save dialogue.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: ACR 12.3 gripes and questions.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 03:37:55 pm »

2. Where is "Merge to HDR" (the plain version, not the PRO)? In previous versions of ACR, you could open a set of raw files, click the ACR drop down menu and find Merge to HDR. That process generated a DNG file for further processing in ACR. I can't find it in ACR 12.3. I can find the "Merge to HDR PRO" in Bridge under Tools/Photoshop. That's a different process and not as good as the original.

4. What happened to "Select All" when multiple images are opened in ACR? I use ACR to save re-sized jpegs from processed TIFs, 200+ images sometimes. Now I have to select the first in the film strip, manually scroll to the end, and shift-click to select all before launching the save dialogue.

These options are in a contextual menu that appears when you click on the "three dots" that appear in the upper right corner of an image on the filmstrip when you hover your mouse over any thumbnail (see attached image)

Redcrown

Re: ACR 12.3 gripes and questions.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 04:10:46 pm »

Thank you greatly, Francisco. If I wanted to hide something, that's where I'd put it. I once was lost but now I'm found.
Pages: [1]   Go Up