Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canada Centennial Year NFB film and blog commentary  (Read 219 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Canada Centennial Year NFB film and blog commentary
« on: July 13, 2020, 12:43:50 pm »

This is probably only of interest to Canadians on the forum. It is a NFB curator blog entry and link to a 50 min film made back in 1966-1967 as a centennial project. The film maker toured the country on a helicopter with a film camera and edited it down to this film. Some nice scenery, some tongue-in-cheek narration, good fun especially if you're old enough to have been around at that time, https://blog.nfb.ca/blog/2020/06/26/canada-in-all-its-glory-circa-1966-curators-perspective/.
--
Robert

churly

Re: Canada Centennial Year NFB film and blog commentary
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 09:00:07 am »

Robert - thanks much for posting this.  It was a hoot combined with some great scenes.  However, once again I note that the eastern Canada ends at Nova Scotia.  :)
Chuck
Chuck Hurich

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Canada Centennial Year NFB film and blog commentary
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 09:23:09 am »

Robert - thanks much for posting this.  It was a hoot combined with some great scenes.  However, once again I note that the eastern Canada ends at Nova Scotia.  :)
Chuck

I know what you mean. Even if they didn't have budget to fly the chopper over to Newfoundland, they could taken the ferry and rented a flight there. Or at least apologized. :)
--
Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up