Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr opens wrong copy of Ps  (Read 694 times)

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
Lr opens wrong copy of Ps
« on: July 06, 2020, 08:32:24 am »

When I open a Lr file in Ps by selecting Edit In, the file often opens in a copy of Ps on a backup drive rather than the main copy on my boot drive.  Although this issue is new to me in the last 10 days or so, a Google search shows it has been a known issue for years.  I haven't found a fix.  A Lr plugin called Photoshop Picker was suggested as a way to specify which copy of Ps you want to launch from within Lr, but I can't find that plugin on the web or using Adobe's plugin manager.

I have had short-term fixes by designating the correct copy of Ps as my Additional External Editor in Lr preferences.  But this does not allow other functionality such as Open as a Smart Object.

Thoughts?

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
Re: Lr opens wrong copy of Ps
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 09:48:54 am »

After more searching, I found a link to the Photoshop Picker plugin.  It was developed by Adobe themselves, and posted 5 years ago in a very obscure location.  Not included in the list of plugins found behind the Adobe Add-Ons button in Lr.

Installed it, and on first try it seems to work.  Anyone else having this issue can find Photoshop Picker here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up