Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon pro-4000 cleaning getting squeaky  (Read 524 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Canon pro-4000 cleaning getting squeaky
« on: July 04, 2020, 07:40:50 am »

The cleaning cycle on my pro-4000 is getting louder. It sounds like some sort of rubber component is becoming dry or brittle and when it’s rubbing the print head it’s loud and squeaky. Anybody know what part needs to be replaced. I’m probably going to attempt to fix it myself since I use it at home and don’t want to have outside visitors in the house these days. Thanks, Ryan

David Budd

Re: Canon pro-4000 cleaning getting squeaky
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:22:14 am »

Ryan, I have the Canon Pro 2000 model and after about 18 months the printer started to exhibit sounds similar to what you have described.

Canon replaced the purge unit and pump under warranty which solved the problem. It took the tech roughly one hour to replace the unit. However, in the process 200ml of ink was purged so you would need to makes sure the maintenance tank has enough capacity.

Canon Australia wouldn't come to the party in replacing the lost ink, although my dealer did. Canon does not cover consumables used during a service which frankly is
poor policy on their part.

From what I can gather the purge unit is a known issue with the Pro 2000-6000 models.

Hope this is of some help.

-David

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: Canon pro-4000 cleaning getting squeaky
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 10:02:51 am »

The only sound that is like what you describe is not when my PRO-4000 is cleaning itself but when after some time the printer agitates the ink in the internals ink tanks. This operation was smooth but now makes a lot of grinding noise. The noise "goes" from one side to the other and it comes under the ink cartridges compartments where the agitation mechanism resides. At least that is my explanation.

EDIT: I believe that the parts from where the sound comes are called sub ink tank units (L and R).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:25:14 am by Panagiotis »
Pages: [1]   Go Up