Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Underwater Housing Now Available for Hasselblad X1D II 50C  (Read 760 times)

TechTalk

Underwater Housing Now Available for Hasselblad X1D II 50C
« on: July 03, 2020, 03:53:44 pm »

AquaTech is now offering a new underwater housing for the Hasselblad X1D II 50C. There are lens ports available for all of the XCD lenses via AquaTech P Series Lens Ports.

Information is available from the AquaTech website here... https://aquatech.net/products/reflex-water-housing-for-hasselblad-x1d-ii-50c

A description with images is available from the Hasselblad website here...  https://www.hasselblad.com/collaborations/hasselblad-x-aquatech/
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: Underwater Housing Now Available for Hasselblad X1D II 50C
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 03:58:53 pm »

AquaTech is now offering a new underwater housing for the Hasselblad X1D II 50C. There are lens ports available for all of the XCD lenses via AquaTech P Series Lens Ports.

Information is available from the AquaTech website here... https://aquatech.net/products/reflex-water-housing-for-hasselblad-x1d-ii-50c

A description with images is available from the Hasselblad website here...  https://www.hasselblad.com/collaborations/hasselblad-x-aquatech/

With the depth limitation, I don't think this qualifies as a serious underwater housing.

TechTalk

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 04:07:47 pm »

With the depth limitation, I don't think this qualifies as a serious underwater housing.

The only thing that I understand is that down to a depth of 33 feet/10 meters the housing will prevent serious damage to your camera.

I don't dive; so I wouldn't know what is considered a serious or unserious underwater housing. What is the dividing line between serious and unserious underwater photography or housings?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 04:11:53 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 04:30:56 pm »

The only thing that I understand is that down to a depth of 33 feet/10 meters the housing will prevent serious damage to your camera.

I don't dive; so I wouldn't know what is considered a serious or unserious underwater housing. What is the dividing line between serious and unserious underwater photography or housings?

Sport divers typically go down deeper than 33 feet up to let's say around 130 feet.   Snorkelers could get by with this case.  Maybe it's for a pool.  But Jim's right.  Serious divers would not consider it.  $1700 is a lot of money for a case that's only good to 33 feet. 

I see this Subal case but it may be for an earlier model of the camera.  I'd check with the manufacturer to see f they have a case for the II later model.
https://www.onderwaterhuis.nl/catalog/product/view/id/14974/s/subal-x1d-for-hasselblad-x1d-50c/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 04:34:04 pm »

The Subal mentioned in my last post is good to 80 meters or 262 feet.   This would work for scuba diving but the camera model II might not yet fit. Check with Subal.

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 06:12:39 pm »

A serious UW housing, in my book, is one that will let you get close to the maximum recreational diving depth. I've taken tens of thousands of UW photographs, but few are within 10 meters of the surface.

Joe Towner

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 10:33:56 pm »

10m/33ft is plenty for pool shots, be they sport or otherwise underwater performances.  Or surf shots either in or below the waves, or for those who really want to be out shooting in a monsoon.
t: @PNWMF

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 11:40:59 pm »

10m/33ft is plenty for pool shots, be they sport or otherwise underwater performances.  Or surf shots either in or below the waves, or for those who really want to be out shooting in a monsoon.

Seals for surf photography have to be designed for that purpose. Ordinary UW housing o-rings won't cut it in that situation.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 03:46:29 am »

Seals for surf photography have to be designed for that purpose. Ordinary UW housing o-rings won't cut it in that situation.

Some fine surf photographers are using AquaTech housings which have the similar specs to this new one for the hasselblad. Check for the ambassadors in the AquaTech website

Pages: [1]   Go Up