Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which 3Rd party lenses are good on Hassy X1D for portraits  (Read 1617 times)

rollsman44

I am trying to get a portrait lens for my X1D body and I dont shoot wide open. I dont want a Super expensive lens . Something with Pop and Beautiful SKIN tones . Thanks

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Which 3Rd party lenses are good on Hassy X1D for portraits
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 01:41:23 am »

Third party lenses? None. XCD90 or HC80. If you are going to pay the price of a car for a Hasselblad camera then use a Hasselblad lens.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

pschefz

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 12:32:38 am »

So you are back with X1D? How many have you bought and sold?
I would not use 3rd party for portraiture because the long read out time can really mess with head shapes....i have had issues with eshutter on sony...and that read out time is lightning compared to the X1D....
schefz.com
artloch.com

hubell

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 04:22:02 pm »

So you are back with X1D? How many have you bought and sold?
I would not use 3rd party for portraiture because the long read out time can really mess with head shapes....i have had issues with eshutter on sony...and that read out time is lightning compared to the X1D....

A possible alternative would be the HC 100 f/2.2, which doesn't rely upon the e-shutter. No question the XCD 90mm lens is sharper than the HC 100, but I believe the HC 100 is highly regarded by many who use/used the H bodies for its "look" in portraiture. I still have an HC 100, but I never use it with my X1D because the XCD 90mm is better for my use cases.

BAB

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 06:39:36 pm »

HC 150n
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic
Pages: [1]   Go Up