Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Customer support of Caputure One  (Read 4035 times)

mtakeda

Customer support of Caputure One
« on: June 23, 2020, 07:55:01 pm »

As I post the question on template matter I have problem in printing the image so I sent e mail looking for help from the support of CP. After a couple of exchange of mails the communication went dow. This has happened more than a few times and seems to be the pattern. How are your experiences with them? I want to know how to keep them open?

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Re: Customer support of Caputure One
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 01:27:55 pm »

Tech support was MUCH better a few years ago. You could even speak with a living, breathing human being. Sadly, I have had the same experience. Of course, Adobe is even worse since their CS center is in India. I can never get issues properly solved with them.

Avalanche

• Antarctica 2016
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 04:23:08 am »

I have also experienced their abysmal customer support today and would like to provide constructive feedback to their management about how much damage they are doing with that. Does anyone have contacts into Capture One? In case you do, please contact me by personal message on this forum. Thank you!

mtakeda

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 07:39:00 pm »

I have no contact info other than their customer support e mail but since my initial posting here I have had more than a few cases needed their help but none of them were solved although it was partly my fault that I was not able to present the screen shot( I do not know how). Nonetheless their support does not exist to my huge dismay.

EinstStein

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 04:51:57 pm »

I message through C1 customer contact messaging has no response for more than two weeks. It's like sending to a dead end.

I noticed that now P1 is not listed on any reputable camera stores, such as B&H, Adorama. It does not seem they are out of business or discontinued, though. Is P1 also in trouble? 

I understand P1 and C1 are now two different business entities, though still under the same owner.

mtakeda

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 07:04:21 pm »

This is bad news!

spassig

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 08:07:06 am »

This is bad news!

I don't understand your answer bad news in reference to @EinstStein.

Can You explain it in detail?

Jochen

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 08:57:58 am »

I message through C1 customer contact messaging has no response for more than two weeks. It's like sending to a dead end.

I noticed that now P1 is not listed on any reputable camera stores, such as B&H, Adorama. It does not seem they are out of business or discontinued, though. Is P1 also in trouble? 

I understand P1 and C1 are now two different business entities, though still under the same owner.

If you started a support case via their website you got a reply within 48 hours. If you didn’t notice one in your inbox, then spam filters prevented the email notification. Simply log in to your support case directly to see their response.

Phase One Hardware has always been sold almost exclusively through specialized value added partners rather than Big Box stores. The list of dealers in the USA (with which I’m familiar) has not changed.

IanSeward

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 12:18:53 pm »

Phase One were bought by a venture capital firm. They have split the business into two logically separate businesses, hardware P1 and software C1.

Capture One are establishing a new R&D centre in Greece to increase their development capabilities, which should be up and running in 2021. Investment is always good and shows commitment to the business.

spassig

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 01:12:36 pm »

Capture One are establishing a new R&D centre in Greece to increase their development capabilities, which should be up and running in 2021. Investment is always good and shows commitment to the business.

Hey.
Hmm.
Did You know more details or have a sourcre or is this a rumor?

Jochen

IanSeward

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 10:38:10 am »

Hey.
Hmm.
Did You know more details or have a sourcre or is this a rumor?

Jochen

spassig

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 10:48:04 am »

JaapD

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 03:23:43 pm »

Let’s get back on topic.

Two weeks ago I had ‘an issue’ for which I needed C1’s support. Within hours I got a reply on my support case, directly providing a solution solving my issue.

I don’t know if this support came from Denmark but if it did it was even more impressive as said support came at Friday evening during office closing hours.

Now try to get this kind of commitment from your generic sw supplier.....

Cheers,
Jaap.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 04:40:57 am by JaapD »

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 12:13:30 pm »

I think the degradation in quality is due to Capture One opening up the "floodgates" to attract amateurs and "LR people." Many of us on this forum have been users of C1PRO since version 1. I myself came on board during version 3.7.8 during December 2008. I remember for PRO version of the software, P1 support replies within ONE BUSINESS DAY back in the day! I've been a loyal upgrader to each new version on release date, since I help during their beta testing. I skipped upgrading to version 20. That's another topic all together.

With the influx of users, Support Team must be overwhelmed and replies takes longer and quality suffers for us veteran customers, which we are used to getting replies back within 1-2 business days.

I hope Drew is still on their Support Team.

stevebri

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 02:13:24 pm »

I love Greece, the people, the food, the climate... it’s the perfect place to go on holiday... but would you se up a car production line there..?
No, neither would I, so starting a new R&D facility... in Greece...!

Let’s just see how that works out for them then..?

Open a hotel, a bar, a jet ski hire place... play to the country's  strengths, not its weaknesses..!

HCS

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 05:42:17 am »

I love Greece, the people, the food, the climate... it’s the perfect place to go on holiday... but would you se up a car production line there..?

Open a hotel, a bar, a jet ski hire place... play to the country's  strengths, not its weaknesses..!

Dear stevebri,

I find your comment both very derogatory to Greece and the people of Greece and really unnecessary in the context of this thread.
Hans Cremers

Remko

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 05:57:26 am »

Dear stevebri,

I find your comment both very derogatory to Greece and the people of Greece and really unnecessary in the context of this thread.

I fully agree!

cheers,
Remko

jeremyrh

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 05:47:13 am »

Dear stevebri,

Quite, but mostly he is just showing his ignorance.

Balafre

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 02:53:27 am »

The poor Greeks have been on their knees for a decade now - I imagine land is cheap, and all sorts of fiscal incentives are being offered to new investors. To a VC outfit that sees things only in terms of profit, that's surely attractive. What worries me more than where the R&D is located is the likelihood the VC owners of P1 & C1 will wreck it. They don't have long-term views, but exist on high short-term profits before dumping the subsequently now over-geared, under-invested, asset stripped firm onto some schmo who then sinks in the mess it's in and goes down with it!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:31:25 pm by Balafre »

IanSeward

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 07:07:46 am »

Dear stevebri,

Forums are international so you don't know where people are from but the casual racism expressed on this thread is unsavoury to say the least.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up