Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation for matte canvas choices  (Read 518 times)

HowieShultz

Recommendation for matte canvas choices
« on: June 23, 2020, 02:14:41 pm »

I have been using Epson Exhibition Natural Matte for my gallery wraps.  Apparently they are discontinuing this canvas.  So I have tried the Epson Canvas Matte and do not like it as much.  I prefer a Matte canvas and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for another canvas to try out.  I'd like to find one with the smoothest texture as possible.  Thanks for your help

Garnick

Re: Recommendation for matte canvas choices
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 03:04:27 pm »

Hello Howie,

Welcome to LuLa.  I've been using the Breathing Color Chromata White Matte Canvas for more than ten years and been very satisfied with it, as have my canvas customers.  Once it's printed I apply three coats of Eco Print Shied from to make sure the print is protected from possible bumps and bruises. That combination has done me very well for all those years.

This is the link to that canvas https://www.breathingcolor.com/collections/premium-matte-canvas/products/chromata-white .

Hope this helps  :)   8) 
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

howie@adventureinlight.com

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 03:32:22 pm »

Thanks Gary.  I have used some of the BC papers and have been happy with them.  Do you use the BC profile with the canvas or did you have to make a custom profile?

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 07:34:27 pm »

Thanks Gary.  I have used some of the BC papers and have been happy with them.  Do you use the BC profile with the canvas or did you have to make a custom profile?

Neither actually.  Of course I don't know what printer you use.  I use the Epson P7000 and for canvas I use the Epson Canvas Matte profile.  It does a great job and I've never had any issues with that profile.  For test prints I use the the latest version of Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte.  The most recent version of that paper provides a test that is very very close to the final print on the BC canvas.  As a matter of fact I would have to say it's an exact match to the Canvas Print.  However, if it's a very large canvas I would probably print the final test on the canvas itself just to be sure before wasting canvas.  Of course the test is a small part of the image, but enough to determine if I'm ready to print the finished canvas.  That's the procedure I've used for many years with my Epson SP9900 and before, simply because I know it works so well.       
Gary N.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 07:03:54 pm »

thanks....I've got the Epson Surecolor P9000 so your suggestions should work well with it.

Garnick

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 08:47:28 pm »

thanks....I've got the Epson Surecolor P9000 so your suggestions should work well with it.

Just thought of something I should probably clarify.  As I mentioned, when I'm testing for a canvas print I use the Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte and of course for that paper I use its Epson profile.  Then when I print on the canvas I use the Epson Canvas Matte profile.  Not sure I really covered that totally in my previous reply.   
Gary N.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 12:56:12 pm »

thanks for the clarification

ssgphoto

• Brooklyn Editions
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 09:48:21 am »

I second Gary's opinion that the Breathing color Chromata White is a great canvas, and a good value. I am quite happy with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up