Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sekonic L-758DR Aperture Priority in Trigger mode possible?  (Read 1275 times)

p2images

• P2 Images

Has anyone else been able to use a Sekonic light meter in Aperture Priority mode when triggering strobes? I know I can't!

I have two profoto strobes and have no problems triggering them and the light meter can be set to any ISO I wish.
I can also select which Shutter speed I desire using the jog wheel.
But what I can do is get the stupid mode to Change from the selected "T" to the "F" on the meter. I simply want to be able to trigger the flashes at a preset aperture on the meter and have the meter tell me what the shutter speed should be.
Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:28:36 am by p2images »
Thank you,
Stephen Dubois

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Sekonic L-758DR Aperture Priority in Trigger mode possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 05:44:24 pm »

I don't think that's possible. When using electronic flash, the shutter speed only affects ambient light exposure, provided you use a shutter speed at or below the max sync speed of your camera.

If you want to use a specific aperture, then you have to modify either flash power or ISO

P.D there are some studio flashes that may take longer than the maximum sync speed of your camera, and in that case shutter speed might affect exposure, but it is not in a way to be able to use aperture priority.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 07:24:35 pm »

What are you actually trying to do?
Is it just fill flash for ambient light or is the flash the main light?
If the latter then it needs to be manual mode and the shutter speed is irrelevant unless you are trying to do HSS or something.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

p2images

• P2 Images
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 07:36:25 am »

Thanks for the responses. I am told by sekonic support that it's not possible to get a measurement of shutter speed by triggering the strobe with the meter.  And as one of you said, you need to adjust the strobe power to get the f stop you want.
Thank you,
Stephen Dubois
Pages: [1]   Go Up