Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BenQ Palette Master Element validation failure  (Read 1549 times)

KeithR

BenQ Palette Master Element validation failure
« on: June 09, 2020, 04:29:52 pm »

I have recently been trying to validate the calibration of my sw2700pt. I've tried various combinations when doing the measurements and in all cases the validation fails because the red & green (#12 & 13) read over max deltaE (again 5.6 & 2.8 respectfully). Any ideas as to what may be causing this. I'm running win10-64, GeForce GT430 card. Using the i1 Display Pro to calibrate.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

FabienP

Re: BenQ Palette Master Element validation failure
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 07:06:25 pm »

Is it the first time you were trying to validate the calibration or did it work previously?

If the former, I would verify the following things to ensure a safe default setup:
  • Make sure you do not use an HDMI cable, these connectors are known to produce calibration issues. DP or DVI should be OK.
  • What version of Palette Master Element are you using? The most recent version 1.3.9 is known to be buggy when using some settings and I would recommend 1.3.8.
  • What are your calibration settings? A usually safe default would be native RGB primaries (that setting is not available on older firmware revisions but is what one gets), luminance between 80 and 120, relative black compensation, v2 ICC Profile and Matrix profile type, with a large patch set. Other values can be left to their defaults.

I have the same monitor and calibration device. Using the settings above, I get a max deltaE of 0.9, with an average of 0.5. If I select 16bit LUT instead of Matrix, the verification will be all over the place. I assume this is a bug which will be corrected in a later edition of the calibration software.

Cheers,
Fabien
Pages: [1]   Go Up