Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuehle Photorag Baryta  (Read 698 times)

deanwork

Hahnemuehle Photorag Baryta
« on: June 08, 2020, 12:12:40 pm »

Wondering if people are able to safely use Hah. Photorag Baryta in rolls these days?

I know the last time I used it, which has been many years ago, it was unusable due to silver metal specs embedded in the paper. It was traced to a machine in Germany. A lot of us had to abandon it and switch to Photorag Pearl which personally I like.

I have a client that would like to use it to match previous prints, but Only if it’s 100% save. He said he had the same problems as recently as 5 years ago.

I like it but I certainly don’t want even a small chance of going through all that torture again.

John

I.T. Supplies

Re: Hahnemuehle Photorag Baryta
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 11:08:51 pm »

Hi John,

I checked our sales history just to see how it's been this year and only 1 or 2 of a large size roll was returned.  Otherwise, majority of the purchases were fine.
This could very well have been a batch problem (as you stated) and they must have resolved the issue.

If you do receive a product of Hahnemuhle and it's got issues, they recommend you speak to them to get the details (and most likely the batch info) for qualify control.
I'd say you should be good to purchase the size you need at the moment. 

You're more than welcome to speak to Hahnemuhle directly with any questions otherwise:  815-502-5880

IT Supplies

deanwork

Re: Hahnemuehle Photorag Baryta
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 09:48:39 am »

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the info. Hah. is a great company I’m sure it has  been resolved long ago.

I called you guys yesterday and there doesn’t seem to be any issue with people complaining these days about it.

The major problem with it that went on for years was epidemic, and it wasn’t a batch issue.
 It was a machine that they used shedding metal specks or something. Hah is usually spot on in regard to consistency, for decades, but that situation went on and on and on.

I’m sure they resolved it years ago and I haven’t heard complaints for years, but my client decided on Photorag Pearl which is really close and I like it better anyway for large prints so all is good.

Hi John,

I checked our sales history just to see how it's been this year and only 1 or 2 of a large size roll was returned.  Otherwise, majority of the purchases were fine.
This could very well have been a batch problem (as you stated) and they must have resolved the issue.

If you do receive a product of Hahnemuhle and it's got issues, they recommend you speak to them to get the details (and most likely the batch info) for qualify control.
I'd say you should be good to purchase the size you need at the moment. 

You're more than welcome to speak to Hahnemuhle directly with any questions otherwise:  815-502-5880

IT Supplies
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 04:51:45 pm by deanwork »
Pages: [1]   Go Up