Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conon EOS R or Wait for the R6  (Read 834 times)

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
Conon EOS R or Wait for the R6
« on: June 03, 2020, 08:17:34 pm »

Canon's upcoming R5 looks like a great camera but I may not want to spend that much. I have had a bit of time on a loaned R and was impressed in many ways but the Early reports on the R6 say it will have IBIS and two cards and, probably, the sensor from the 1DxIII. But that camera is a ways out still and the sensor will only be 20Mpx instead of the 30 Mpx of the R.

So I am curious about any thoughts anyone may have about the R vs what little we currently know of the R6. My current main body is a 7DII which I expect to still use for wildlife. But I think whatever R I eventually buy will do most of the other work. Stills only. I rarely use video and only in a most rudimentary manner.

Comments?

Rado

Re: Conon EOS R or Wait for the R6
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 06:00:41 am »

You handled the R in person. Wait until you can handle the R5/6/.. in person and then make a decision.

JV

Re: Conon EOS R or Wait for the R6
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 09:18:33 am »

I have the Canon EOS R and it has served me well.  I am not sure yet whether I will purchase a R5 or R6.

IBIS is a temptation but that being said the Canon 5-stop in-lens stabilization is excellent and usually sufficient whenever I need it.

FWIW, the price of the R is rumored to go down to $1,500 (from $1,800) before the end of September, the RP is currently $900 and $1K with the non-L 24-105mm lens. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up