Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iconic Camera Store in Chicago Trashed  (Read 1054 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Iconic Camera Store in Chicago Trashed
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 11:26:02 am »

... ... I find insulting....

Then discuss your feelings with your shrink, not the moderator.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2020, 11:55:30 am »

What do you need the moderator here for?

Child care.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 11:56:45 am »

Then discuss your feelings with your shrink, not the moderator.

I have yet discussed with the moderator, since he is absent. Also, I never needed a shrink, but thanks for the suggestion.

Once again, you clip and quote to suit your biased opinions and insulting wand.

Are you contibuting to the burned out shop or not?

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2020, 12:05:12 pm »

Now that's more than a little disingenuous!

Victimhood is not a myth peddled by a party: it's reality everywhere where the majority is white, but not exclusively just there between those colours. It is analogous to the problems that women face in our own culture (speaking as western white) if perhaps this is evident in less obvious ways.

Blended with the basic clash of cultures between western whites, orientals, asians and all of those of African descent (whatever may be the reality of human migration out of Africa from a beginning there) is the inability really to understand - or even want to understand - what the other is all about. Consequently, a deep relationship is difficult if you expect to enjoy it on equal terms.

Stereotypes rule: if you look at any pop music video, listen to blues or jazz, the influence of black America is writ large. And as far as this guy is concerned, that influence has made popular music better: imagine a staple diet of Doris Day ditties! Black entertainers get rapturous applause from white audiences these days - probably since the advent of cool jazz and rock'n'roll. But that's one specific area: entertainment.

Ring the changes to a scene that's not the world of entertainment and it all changes gear, depending largely on personal beliefs and perspectives.

There is the question of how successful whites see unsuccessful whites as much as of how each of those sees the coloured races; personal economic situations, education, native intelligence and religion can all affect the reactions of one grouping with any other.

Equally, how do successful blacks see unsuccessful blacks? Do they want to cross-pollinate? Do they want to live next door to them if they can avoid it? Probably no more than wealthy whites would welcome a family of unemployed white oafs moving in next door because they had won the lottery.

That said, there is an even greater issue hiding under the sheets here: interracial sex and reproduction. I doubt that there truly, honestly exists a white father or brother who rejoices at the thought of his daughter/sister travelling the path into racial integration. I can have no idea worth squat about how that same topic is seen in black homes. The only experience I can claim personally to have observed was in 50s India, where there existed the Anglo-Indian community. My takeaway feeling was this: there were some beautiful girls from such unions; they found themselves a group not fully accepted by either the Brits then still out there, nor by the Indians. They appeared to hold better jobs, by and large, but that's history. It would be interesting to understand how they are placed today. With relatively few Brits there anymore, has the opportunity for interracial sex and (sometimes) marriage evaporated to a great degree; do the A-Is cling to their own groupings or has the weight of sheer numbers created a much browner version of that group today?

Basically, I think that there is always going to be a huge problem between races that, today, is be becoming even more polarised due to religious bigotry beyond any version of it one once knew. The divide between haves and have-nots is growing faster than ever, and quite apart from its effects in one colour of society, it can only stoke the flames when competion is seen to come from another ethnic group.

It all looks likely to continue apace, with no love between different races any more than the majority of voting Brits showed for the other Europeans. Fine on our terms, but fuck off if you want to share with us in return. Anyway, is the black/white problem any worse than the northern African one with the sub-Saharan people? We tend to think of it as just a guilty western open secret.

Unbelievable.

Sadly all respect just flew out of the window.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2020, 12:46:08 pm »

Too far off topic. Enough.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up