Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seaweed covered rocks, side light and the oddly shaped peak of Gars-bheinn  (Read 383 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com

I had to negotiate my way across lots of very slippery seaweed covered, jagged, wobbly, ankle breaking rocks to get to the point where I took this pano shot, but well worth the effort I think, just to get this unique sea view of the Gars-bheinn peak on the shores of the Isle of Skye ;)

Dave
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:53:08 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

KMRennie

A lovely gentle image, the sky colour is perfect. I find the cheap steel studded spikes for walking on ice work well on wet rocks. https://www.amazon.com/HoFire-Traction-Grippers-Non-slip-10-Studs-Black/dp/B075XFGJK5/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1515160528&sr=8-10&keywords=ice+cleats Ken

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com

A lovely gentle image, the sky colour is perfect. I find the cheap steel studded spikes for walking on ice work well on wet rocks. https://www.amazon.com/HoFire-Traction-Grippers-Non-slip-10-Studs-Black/dp/B075XFGJK5/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1515160528&sr=8-10&keywords=ice+cleats Ken

Thanks for that Ken, and I must say that I am surprised that metal studs are less slippery that normal boot soles, but I am also more than happy to accept your suggestion, as I know it will be based on much experience in such matters.

I have also been told that felt bottomed boots work well on slippery rocks etc, but I am not sure where such items can be bought in the UK??

Dave

Cornfield

A really great natural image with none of the overprocessing that is so prevalent here.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com

A really great natural image with none of the overprocessing that is so prevalent here.

Thank you  ;)

Dave

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com

Nice one.

francois

The colors along with the composition and the vista are perfect for this superbly calm and relaxing image.
Francois

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com

The colors along with the composition and the vista are perfect for this superbly calm and relaxing image.

Thanks Francois and yes I do agree that this image really does seem to capture the mood of the place at the time when I was there  :)

Nice one.

Thanks Paulo, I am so glad you like it  ;)

Dave

Kevin Gallagher

Dave, felt bottom boots are used frequently by people doing Fly Fishing. You might try an outdoor store.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com

Dave, felt bottom boots are used frequently by people doing Fly Fishing. You might try an outdoor store.

Thanks for that Kevin, I will have to look into this next time I go to the city, which at the moment, still seems quite a long way off up here in Scotland, as we are still limited to only being able to travel no more than five miles from home, which in the remote I region I live in, is at least 70 miles less then the nearest city is to me.

Thanks again  ;)

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up