Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing Wave  (Read 535 times)

Mark Nadler

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 911
Crashing Wave
« on: May 28, 2020, 04:49:05 pm »

Comments welcomed.

mark
Logged

brandtb

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 972
    • http://www.brandtbolding.com
Re: Crashing Wave
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:06:05 pm »

Really great energy, color, illumination, and subject...powerful. I think that "dark/black strip" on left is a bit of an "orphan"...and not sure that really contributes anything other than that it was just  part of the tableau. I would look at it with 2/10ths+ cropped off the left as an option.
Logged
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Crashing Wave
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 11:15:19 am »

Excellent shot, and I'm jealous.
I have hundreds of surf shots, none of which have anything like the character of this one.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Crashing Wave
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 11:47:47 am »

A really fine shot, Mark.
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Mark Nadler

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 911
Re: Crashing Wave
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 02:36:02 am »

brandtb, I will try your suggestion.  Might also create better balance in the image.

Eric, like you, I also have many ok wave images.  I lucked out on this one. 

Thanks, RSL.

mark
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Crashing Wave
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 04:01:42 am »

Excellent - everything about it. I wouldn't change it at all. Make a (very) large print.

Jeremy
Logged

Peter McLennan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4692
Re: Crashing Wave
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 10:39:08 am »

Agreed. Excellent. BFP on your wall, too.
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Crashing Wave
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 10:40:00 am »

I like it as it is… Good shot.
Logged
Francois

Mark Nadler

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 911
Re: Crashing Wave
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 04:58:47 pm »

Thanks Jeremy, Peter, and francois.  I was hoping you guys thought it was good enough
to hang.

mark
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up