Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The new Mac Excel bug: Excel saved changes  (Read 671 times)

kevs

The new Mac Excel bug: Excel saved changes
« on: May 22, 2020, 12:04:13 pm »

Another software issue, but had great luck here yesterday with Gmail question who knows:

(Excel forum is not terrible)

The is the worst bug I've seen since using Excel for 15 years.

"EXCEL SAVED CHANGES TO THE FILE BEFORE THE APPLICATION QUIT UNEXPECTEDLY."

Yet Excel did not quit. Super nuisance, and ideas. Thanks.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

Joe Towner

Re: The new Mac Excel bug: Excel saved changes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:25:49 pm »

I've been using Excel for 25 years and the last 10 have pissed me off to no end...  Change for the sole purpose of change is bad, especially when you spend years training end users where to look for something. Careful of the OneDrive lock in - that save online BS is going to get them sued.

I take it you're on a fully up to date MacOS & Excel?  I really hate the new 'check for updates' on every f**king window.
t: @PNWMF

kevs

Re: The new Mac Excel bug: Excel saved changes
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 10:35:21 pm »

Thanks Joe, great post. I'm on Excel for 20 years maybe?   2016 for Mac.  What really the worst, is there going to forced subscription. I'll stay stand alone for as long as I can.

Anyway I posted the issue on Excel forum and finally one of the old timers who knows everything Excel A+ responded; so let's see. If you have any idea though let me know Vicious issue.

The Excel forum and all OFfice forums  this is new, last few years-- Polluted by these know-nothing fraudster- bafoons who give advice, but have never used the software.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s
Pages: [1]   Go Up