Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I point Photoshop CS6 to more than one plug in folder?  (Read 421 times)

earlybird

Hi,
 Can I point Photoshop CS6 to more than one plug in folder? My older Topaz Labs plugins installed to C:/Program Files/Topaz Labs and my newest AI versions installed to C:/Program Files/Topaz Labs LLC. I would like to see if I can point to both folders.

Thank you.

earlybird

Re: Can I point Photoshop CS6 to more than one plug in folder?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:15:06 pm »

For what its worth, I am trying to figure out how to access both my TopazLabs Denoise v1.3.3 and my TopazLabs Denoise v2+ plugin installs from Photoshop without having to swap folders and relaunch, etc.

I have Topaz Denoise v5, Denoise v6, and one or the other Denoise AI plugins available at once but can not see both versions of the AI.

Denoise AI v1._ installed to C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs, while Denoise AI v2._ installed to C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC.

It may not actually matter. I added all the folders to my Affinity Photo plugins prefernces, but can only open one version of Denoise AI plugin from the filter list. I guess the Denoise AI plugins share the same name unlike the previous versions of Denoise 5, 6 etc. which could be seen separately by Photoshop.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 12:42:58 pm »

Put them all in the same (correct) folder.
Maybe a Symbolic Link could work too.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

earlybird

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 01:54:14 pm »

In the past, Topaz Windows installers would place shortcuts, pointing to the Topaz install locations, in the Photoshop Plug-ins directory.

The recent Topaz installers no longer seem to do this, and to make matters worse they have recently changed their default install location so the company's range of apps and plugins are located in various places.

I have been experimenting with manually placing shortcuts in the Photoshop folder. but the lack of differentiation between the AI v1 and AI v2 plugin names has resulted in only one of the Denoise AI plugins being accessible. If I have shortcuts to both versions of Denoise AI in the Photoshop Plug-ins folder the v2 version supersedes the v1 version.

I have not tried moving the plugin files into the Photoshop folder. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:22:58 pm by earlybird »

earlybird

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 02:28:34 pm »

In a seeming irony, if I attempt to manually add shortcuts for the Topaz Sharpen AI versions 1 and 2 to the Photoshop Plug-ins folder, Photoshop only sees the older v1 plugin.

It seems to be opposite the situation that occurs with the Denoise plugins.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:02:53 pm by earlybird »
Pages: [1]   Go Up