Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon PSP doesn't work with Photoshop 2020  (Read 327 times)

dickbarbour2@gmail.com

Canon PSP doesn't work with Photoshop 2020
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:09:55 am »

I'm still hanging on to PS 2019 because it's compatible with Canon's Print Studio Pro, while it says PS 2020 is not. I'm fairly new to the Canon printer world and like my PIXMA PRO-10 a lot, as well as the PSP utility. Is this state of affairs normal, i.e., does Canon usually catch up with support of Photoshop versions reasonably soon, or does it look like they are throwing in the towel?
Dick

routlaw

• http://www.roboutlawphotography.com
Re: Canon PSP doesn't work with Photoshop 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 01:20:12 pm »

I have successfully installed the plug in "manually" into 2020 as well as the older PS CS6. Simply drag and drop the plug in and associated files into the plug in folder of 2020 or CS6 if you have it.

Otherwise I agree with you Canon's software support, documentation and other concerns is abominable. I recently purchased a Pixma Pro-10 along with my PRO 4100 and find the Pro-10 to be a very frustrating and limiting printer not to mention slow. Its capable of producing a decent print if you're patient enough to wait. I don't like that it forces one to use the printer rather than Photoshop to manage color either. It is almost quiet as a church mouse which is nice.

Hope this helps

I'm still hanging on to PS 2019 because it's compatible with Canon's Print Studio Pro, while it says PS 2020 is not. I'm fairly new to the Canon printer world and like my PIXMA PRO-10 a lot, as well as the PSP utility. Is this state of affairs normal, i.e., does Canon usually catch up with support of Photoshop versions reasonably soon, or does it look like they are throwing in the towel?
Dick

dickbarbour2@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 02:09:47 pm »

Well that was easy, I never thought about manually installing. :D  Thanks for the answer.
I agree about the PRO-10's speed but am otherwise pleased with it's output and reliability, after many years of using Epsons.
Dick

routlaw

• http://www.roboutlawphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 04:21:41 pm »

Thats awesome, glad it work out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up