Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A different kind of nudes  (Read 314 times)

James Clark

A different kind of nudes
« on: May 13, 2020, 12:27:09 pm »

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/spencer-tunick-video-conference-nudes/index.html

The COVID stuff is sort of artist-speaky, but later in the article are some very interesting landscapes using hundreds (or thousands) of people in an almost abstract way to intersect with the landscape.  The "hand of man" (and everything else) indeed. :)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: A different kind of nudes
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 12:42:47 pm »

I can see someone climbing naked on his couch, but how did he get all those models onto the Swiss glacier?

James Clark

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 12:49:18 pm »

I can see someone climbing naked on his couch, but how did he get all those models onto the Swiss glacier?

I figure that's probably easier that getting a thousand+ to lie down in front of the Sydney opera house?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 01:15:40 pm »

Sydney is warm, but that glacier could make the nudes sick. Or they could get cold feet and then they would create yellow streaks on the white ice.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 03:55:59 am »

Apart from the money, why would anyone want to do that?

More surprisingly, why would anyone buy such a piece of, well, photography? He started during a period where anything went if it was under the umbrella of art; I thought the world had woken up and moved on a little since then.

As for the "models" - well, I guess it takes the relative anonymity of a box of liquorice allsorts to make some worlds go round.

From the art lover perspective, one could always just open a large tin of small sardines. The thrill's the same, and you even get to eat the product.

;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up