Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rewire Hensel to Broncolor  (Read 1286 times)

etiennemalph

• etiennemalphettes
Rewire Hensel to Broncolor
« on: May 11, 2020, 05:55:40 pm »

Hello. I know more or less this issue already came on the forum. But my question only concerns Hensel Flash box to be adapted on a Bron pack (Grafit). As I've been told, it's supposed to be one of the esiest convert, still I'm not an electrician, but Graphic Designer & photographer... please any help would be truly great.

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
Re: Rewire Hensel to Broncolor
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 04:39:58 pm »

While it is easy to do, be aware you deal with 700Volts at high power. You might better get help from a flash repair facility. Internal wiring of the flash head just requires to short the internal trigger capacitor that is placed in series with the trigger coil as broncolor packs already come with an internal trigger capacitor, other than that no modification, just rewiring the plug. BUT be warned: In case you are talking about Grafit A packs, you need to check if the flash tube(s) are compatible with the IGBT cutoff circuit. If they draw to much power you will destroy the output stage which is a very expensive repair. If there is more than one tube or a tube with three electrodes inside this flash box be sure to first check the flash duration when connected to socket 3 of the Grafit pack, as it is not equipped with an IGBT circuit. If the actual flash duration is somewhere in the ballpark of the duration that is shown in the display you should be safe. If it is much shorter don't use it with Grafit A, Move or Scoro packs. HTH, Cheers, Ulf

etiennemalph

• etiennemalphettes
Re: Rewire Hensel to Broncolor
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 09:56:12 am »

Ulf, sorry for the big delay and thank you for such a deep answer, I'm so happy with it !

It actually happens that I ended up buying a 2d hand Hensel Flash box already rewired to Bron.
I might come back here to show everyone the inner parts of the modified box. Maybe you’ll have a few thoughts again
as it's supposed to fit Graphit A 1 & 2, but not that sure...

I just have to wait for my parcel to deliver from Switzerland to France. Meet u there again in a few weeks, thks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up