Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fabric banner pro-4000  (Read 303 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Fabric banner pro-4000
« on: May 11, 2020, 08:36:04 am »

My pro-4000 has a media type for fabric banner. Can someone point me towards an example of a compatible fabric? I was thinking of seeing if I could do some half-assed textile printing just for fun.

deanwork

Re: Fabric banner pro-4000
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:35:15 am »

Lexjet offers a lot of poly fabrics. They all have dye brighteners. Do a search on their website for fabrics. You have to choose one appropriate for aqueous inks. Unfortunately I don’t think any of them meet decent archival standards and they are almost as expensive as real silk.

Here is one - they look good but I would call to find the one with best permanence. They sell an HP version also -

https://www.lexjet.com/water-resistant-satin-cloth#read-more

Real silk coated can be bought from jacquard but doesn’t have decent longevity either unfortunately. Their linen most likely is more permanent. I’ve used the linen  silk that I like going back 15 years with no change.They should publish easy to read fade data but they don’t. It’s one thing selling inkjet fabrics for short term ad purposes, and quite another selling it for imagery that should last in ones home display.  The silks will yellow when exposed to daylight after a few years. I know from experience.

The Breathing Color natural linen and white gessoed linen HAS been fade tested for good longevity. It’s much stiffer but still can be hung from a drapery rod.

If you don’t care about longevity there are plenty of poly silks that have good photo reproduction and are easy to print on. I’m only familiar with Lexjet and HP selling them but there are others.

John

My pro-4000 has a media type for fabric banner. Can someone point me towards an example of a compatible fabric? I was thinking of seeing if I could do some half-assed textile printing just for fun.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 10:38:51 am by deanwork »
Pages: [1]   Go Up